might have to say goodbye to tesco own brand polish :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jgs600

Car
1998 c250 estate.. my weekend car
well decided to dabble in the world of fancy polish and waxes and bought a small sample jar of do do juice wax.. had a little read up about it and though what the heck lets give this snake oil a go..!!
well after polishing the car with my Auto glym resin polish i carefully applied the do do juice wax with the little yellow spongy thingy..!! let dry slightly and lightly polished off..

results::: well it smells great, gives the car a super slick feel to the finish and looks great. am very impressed so sadly the tesco homebrand polish will have to now stay in the cupboard under the kitchen sink :bannana::bannana::bannana:

10570322_10204443776399651_7459138578293954591_n.jpg

Nice one. :) Was it Diamond White you used?

I used to use it on mine but trying something else now as it didn't seem as good on the Palladium Silver. Miss the coconut smell though...

it was the light fantastic do do juice wax, ive only bought a small 30ml one to try out.

Nice one. :) Was it Diamond White you used?

I bought a sample pot of that for my son's white car and was a little disappointed. The finish was good but the longevity was very poor. The AG Aqua wax outlasted it by a good margin for shine and beading. Maybe we didn't apply it well enough.

thats a good point as its my first try at it , its always good to hear from someone else who has tried it and found something better. ive only bought a sample jar so could always try something else too in the future maybe :)

I am finding the AG Aqua wax to be good stuff too.
My paintwork has too many chips to spend a fortune on waxes etc but I thought I would give the AG a go as it was on offer at Halfords and the results thus far have been great.

Finish kare fk1000p is your friend circa £18 a tub can get up to 6 months from one application but better with 2 layers I use it as a winter wax but it can be used all year round but your now getting on that slippery slope into detailing........ Will this product give me a better finish than the last one I tried :D

had a look at this stuff and the reviews are really good Finish kare fk1000p

guess what i bought some... dam !!! now im really heading down the detailing route.. lol

How have you found the durability of the Blackfire product?

Not as good as I'd have liked to be honest. I've had to re-apply the wax several times so far, though it looks superb for at least a couple of weeks when freshly applied.

It was done "by the book", clayed and then applied as per the instructions on the above web page. I was possibly a bit short on the curing times, though not enough to cause any visible problems. It does seem an expensive product, though the levels in any of the containers have barely moved, so it should last a long time. Not used the quick detailer yet, so no idea if that's as good as the rest, though no reason to doubt it.

well the Finish kare fk1000p arrived this morning and i just tried it on one side of the car. its a huge tin :) should last ages, goes on really well and leaves a really nice finish. :)

well the Finish kare fk1000p arrived this morning and i just tried it on one side of the car. its a huge tin :) should last ages, goes on really well and leaves a really nice finish. :)

As i've mentioned before, i also use this. Two thin coats and it's easy on easy off. :thumb:

For sheer value... Collinite.

I use Collinite, use this and water won't bead and stay on the panels....It just sheets off.

Good stuff, out performs almost everything, in the under £20 market.

Ideal for winter.

Colli or fk1000p have to be the best value waxes on the market. You're absolutely right about it being ideal for winter - I'll be prepping the parents Qashqai for winter next weekend with some fk1000p and will be doing the Mini with Collinite to see which outperforms which.

Black car so a bit of a Poorboys fan... BlackHole then EX-P sealant and trying the Natty blue wax... Comes up great, just need to see how it lasts!! :thumb:

I use Vics Concours for our red Mini and that is fantastic - it gives the paint a very glossy, slick look about it. I used Pink moose glaze, two layers of Jetseal followed by the Vics as an experiment on the Mercedes and its turned out very nicely - the paint looks very glossy with a nice deep shine.

I've heard good things about the EX-P sealant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom