Mike's brother?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
Did anyone else spot the correspondence in today's Metro from "Warwick Hunt"? That's got to be a made-up name, surely?

I shall be disappointed if tomorrow's edition doesn't carry a riposte from Uma Dixon-Farr.

There is currently a successful racehore trainer called Pam Sly.

Many years ago her stable jockey was called Michael B4stard.

Many a racing hack would have loved to say "Another winner for the Sly/B4stard team". :D

When there was new lady DJs on local radio stations, we used to ask for a request from Mike Hunt to Alex. They only fell for it once!

Along with the cricket commentators " The batsman's Holding the ballers Willy" :D

Or Pat Glenn Olympics commentator on weightlifting speaking about a Bulgarian woman weight lifter " I saw her snatch this morning and it was absolutely amazing" :eek: or

Murray Walker " The lead car is unique except for the one behind it " :doh: or

Alan Minter " Sure there have been deaths in boxing, but not of them serious" :wallbash: or

Harry Carpenter 1997 boat race "" The wife of the cambridge president is kissing the cox of the cambridge crew" ooh err missus or

Metro radio " Julian Dicks is everywhere, its like they've got 11 dicks on the field" :rolleyes: or

Golf commentator at the Scottish open " The reason Arnold Palmer is playing so well is that before every tee shot his wife takes out his balls and kisses them :D and finally

Groucho Marx " Behind every successful man is a woman and behind her is his wife" :eek:

Sorry pet subject of mine for after dinner speeches :doh:

There was once a racehorse called "Wear The Fox Hat". Can't you just hear the commentary with that horse involved in a tight finish for the final furlong. :D

Wetherbys wouldn't be pleased that the name slipped through the system.

While watching a late-night sports programme some years ago I recall John Inverdale reading out an email from Mike Oxmells.

There was once a racehorse called "Wear The Fox Hat". Can't you just hear the commentary with that horse involved in a tight finish for the final furlong. :D

Wetherbys wouldn't be pleased that the name slipped through the system.

Thats like the Prince Charles joke

Charlie is speaking to the institute of double glazing after dinner and they are all wondering why he is wearing a fur hat, finally the institute President plucks up the courage to ask him, to which he replies.

Well I was talking to my mum, you know the queen and she said what are up to today? I said I'm speaking at a dinner in Doncaster and she said "wear the fox hat" :D or

When Charlie spoke at the Institue of crumpet manufacturers and said to the MC, I appear to have forgot my speech. The MC says where is it? Charlie says Buckingham Palace. MC says "fax it up" Charlies says yes it does rather doesn't it :D

I'll get my coat .............

I once had a boat called Pistol Knight. ;)

12 of the finest (unintentional) double-entendres ever aired on British TV and radio:
1. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator - 'This is really a lovely horse. I once rode her mother.'
2. New Zealand Rugby Commentator - 'Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Daryl Gibson comes inside of him.'

3. Pat Glenn, weightlifting commentator - 'And this is Gregoriava from Bulgaria . I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!'

4. Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977 - 'Ah, isn't that nice. The wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the Cox of the Oxford crew.'

5. US PGA Commentator - 'One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my god !! What have I just said??'

6. Carenza Lewis about finding food in the Middle Ages on 'Time Team Live' said: 'You'd eat beaver if you could get it.'

7. A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, 'So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?' Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too, because they were laughing so hard!

8. Steve Ryder covering the US Masters: 'Ballesteros felt much better today after a 69 yesterday.'

9. Clair Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on 'Look North' said: 'There's nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like this. '

10. Mike Hallett discussing missed snooker shots on 'Sky Sports': 'Stephen Hendry jumps on Steve Davis's misses every chance he gets.'

11. Michael Buerk on watching Philippa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: 'They seem cold out there. They're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts.'

12. Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie F@nny Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: 'Some weeks Nick likes to use F@nny; other weeks he prefers to do it by himself.'

Last edited:
LOL!

There was once a greyhound that ran under the name of Piston Broke. :D
Do you mind?! I resemble that remark!

I do remember a TV weather report gaff many years ago when they used to make up the words on the map with individual felt letters. On that particular day Wales was under a lot of fog. Whilst the presenter was talking the 'F' fell off the word fog, next came the remark 'Whoops, I'm sorry about the 'F' in fog in Wales'. Classic and true.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom