Mile-munchers, Audis and other boring stuff!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BMW's are out of the window I'm afraid; I really like the look of them from the outside but I find the interiors so psychotically depressing I might crash into the central reservation in anger. I'm not entirely sure where these feelings come from but I'll have to give them a pass for now.

I've bought a bed sheet to cover the dashboard so I don't have to look at it. :D

SPX said:
I've bought a bed sheet to cover the dashboard so I don't have to look at it. :D
lol...

Bought a 2010 BMW 318d yesterday as a hack, it was that cheap it was almost freee!!!!!!

A most spectacular ending to a great thread.

Congrats on the new car, drive it like it's stolen or just drive it like a BMW.

RWDpetrol said:
A most spectacular ending to a great thread. Congrats on the new car, drive it like it's stolen or just drive it like a BMW.
Lee you need to go at the dealers for this... :D

Last edited:
I don't see many BMWs being driven by bell ends.

Seems to be mostly Audi these days...

SAAB did a 93 Turbo-x which was 4WD estate/wagon - limited numbers were imported IIRC

Funnily enough saw one today in ASDA car park, it actually looked very nice sat higher than a normal 93 like a taller Audi Allroad really, and this particular model was well looked after and almost looked brand new.

The new owner is coming to collect this BMW early next week, got to be one of the worse cars I've ever owned; crap on fuel despite many claiming 50+mpg I rarely achieved late 40's when driven like a nun on valium, interior is cheap in places and very very cheap everywhere else (I thought the pre-facelift W204 was bad, these are even more low-rent for a 'prestige' car), had more warning bongs than a factory that makes warning bongs.

Nice manual gearbox though...

SPX said:
The new owner is coming to collect this BMW early next week, got to be one of the worse cars I've ever owned; crap on fuel despite many claiming 50+mpg I rarely achieved late 40's when driven like a nun on valium, interior is cheap in places and very very cheap everywhere else (I thought the pre-facelift W204 was bad, these are even more low-rent for a 'prestige' car), had more warning bongs than a factory that makes warning bongs. Nice manual gearbox though...
nothing wrong with a 204 lee !;)

Fancy a 740d, not many bongs, **** fuel economy, leather everywhere, plenty of torque.

I need to get another AMG. Got my eye on a few Biturbos.

I think the unbelievable quality of modern diesels and their MPG rose-tints our thoughts and expectations of diesels from 10 years ago.

At least far more acutely than the wonders of the modern, small-capacity turbo, performance petrol engine does of decent petrol engines of a decade ago.

We expect a 10 year old petrol to be cr*p on fuel but seem to think of a 10 year old diesel to be pretty much as todays cars. Not the case.

I think the unbelievable quality of modern diesels and their MPG rose-tints our thoughts and expectations of diesels from 10 years ago.

At least far more acutely than the wonders of the modern, small-capacity turbo, performance petrol engine does of decent petrol engines of a decade ago.

It's a 2010 318D which I wouldn't call old.

The two main reasons for buying it were; it was really cheap and I've heard so much about BMW's amazing fuel economy that I thought "Why not?".

90% of the cars I've owned I've beat the official figures; I achieved 50mpg out of my 2007 W211 E320 CDI Sport, I achieved 56mpg in a W212 2011 E350 CDi Sport, I achieve 32mpg out of my ML 420 CDI etc etc etc etc and I'm usually even better when it comes to a manual box, so I'd have expected at least early 50's mpg out of a car supposedly sold with a keen eye on fuel economy.

Good luck finding another though - just get a new Golf on business lease FFS ;) !

Don't want to lease just yet, the least liabilities I have at the minute, the better.

And when I am ready, it won't be no Golf I'll be driving!

Didn't want to say anything, but the manual 18d is not a great combo for economy.

I struggled to get over 40 average. The 20d auto would see approx. 25% better at all times.

Plus I do think the basic 318d se feels cheap, the gear nob is cheap, the steering wheel is cheap, it just makes the car feel cheap.

I have a lovely ML270 you can have for peanuts. ;)

19wheels.jpg

ml_interior.jpg

Your favoiurite colour combo as well!! :D

Didn't want to say anything, but the manual 18d is not a great combo for economy.

Didn't want to say anything?! Didn't want to say anything?!

I normally can't shut you up! :D

How much for the ML? You leaving the Alba stereo set-up in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom