Mile-munchers, Audis and other boring stuff!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shame you can't buy the RRS as well and keep the E55 as your own car. Everyone's happy then - except the bank manager. :D

For what the E55 would get used for, I've got three properties currently being renovated and it'd get ruined.

Bought a facelift S204 C220 CDi Sport estate as a mile-muncher (currently acting as a stop gap as the family car until I collect my RR Sport) last week. I'll post photos in due course.

Initial impressions are good; like the tech in it, facelift interior is a major major improvement over the pre-facelift. Steering wheel feels and looks great, economy decent (I've had late 50's early 60's on a run)

Negatives so far: seats are atrocious, I get fidgety after about an hour of driving and then it's almost unbearable after another 30 minutes. 7 speed box doesn't suit the rackety 4pot engine at all; great on the motorway but a little bit hesitant around town. Stop/Start seems to take an age when you need to pull out sharpish, probably just a tweak of the early 7G's famous hesitation at junctions!

Been out on a long run today in the car, got to say it's really uncomfortable, I think you'll be ok if you're under 12st and 5'8"....

Anyway, here's a few photos as promised...

Finding the mpg not too inspiring either, I achieved better figures in my old V6 CDi....

I almost got that out of my SL350.

Doesn't surprise me though Pete, Mercedes are famous for making their little four pots worse on fuel than the bigger engined models, well in my experience anyway...

Regretting this purchase then spx? Short term ownership it is then?

It's not that bad...I really like the facelift, it's a million times better looking than post facelift plus the interior is leagues ahead...

I'd be sick if I'd have bought one brand when new at £30k+ though...

I love the look of those wheels on the W204 but in my experience the only W204 that rides remotely like a Mercedes is on 16" alloys.

The W202 wasn't as sensitive to wheel up sizing as the W203 and W204 are.

Totally agree on the seats...terrible for me at 5'11" and average build.

I love the look of those wheels on the W204 but in my experience the only W204 that rides remotely like a Mercedes is on 16" alloys.

The W202 wasn't as sensitive to wheel up sizing as the W203 and W204 are.

Totally agree on the seats...terrible for me at 5'11" and average build.

Yes, I love the wheels as well, very 190 Evo.

The ride isn't bad on 18's, my FIL's pre-facelift W204 is on 17's and it rides no better or worse than that.

Driving my W211 on 16's and then jumping into the S204 makes me realise how comfortable the 211 is.

In fact, driving them back to back as I've been doing all week the biggest compliment I can give the 204 is that the steering is lighter but other than that I'd struggle to see any positives.

Been thinking I've probably been a little bit harsh on the S204, over the past fortnight I've covered around 1400 miles in it and it hasn't flinched, bearing in mind that it's done 120k too.

If the seat was a little comfier and it was a bit wider I'd like it a lot more though!

The new *cough* beast:

65bhp of pure power

Bought this as more of a town car, the E270 is barely getting warmed up so I think it'll have to go sadly, plus when the wife uses it to go to the gym it's too big for the parking spaces, they're ridiculously small, so this will fit better and I don't mind if it picks up a battle scar or two.

Dam nice Ferrari you have there ;)

Well, after five months of ownership the S204 has just gone to its new owner and I've got to say that it slowly worked its way into my affections, I'll certainly miss it.

How much of that affection is because of this X5's hideousness, I can't be sure, but in the end the only gripe I can honestly have with the C-Class is the seats being uncomfy if you are over 5'10 and 12 stone.

time to get yourself a 218 then ;)

A 218 SB is on the list, only problem is the infamous budget creep; I'd want the V6 CDi and a decent one looks to be at least £23k but an AMG only about another £10k!

well for a discerning driver such as you, then yes a SB 218 63 S is the only way to go!!!!!!!

Bought this 2014 Insignia SRi as a bit of a stop-gap snotter:

Drove it 60 miles home and it was very quiet and refined, did just over 60mpg and I wasn't handing about, could barely hear the 2.0 CDTi engine, best bit is that it's £30 a year to tax which would cover about twenty days on the Maserati!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom