Mileage vs age

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLK32AMG

Car
SLK32 AMG
Hi,

I am currently looking at 2 cars the first is a Dec 59 plate one elderly gent owner from new with 37 k and full main dealer history, the car is in great condition in fact it looks like new. cost £14750

Car two is a Sept 61 plate facelift (on above model )2 owners from new 88k mostly motorway miles from 1st lady owner who was a Company MD. Condition is great just 2 scuffs on front spoiler about 1" and that's it. cost 16k

Both cars are Jaguars XF S and are loaded with toys and interiors look like new. They are both HPI clear

Need to make a decision my heart says 59 / head says 61 what would you do

Full main dealer and on the HPI it listed all the recorded mileage they had and that tallied with service history the seller listed in the ad

The 61 plate if it was me, assuming it was the same model, although you don't say whether it has full main dealer history. I also don't know all that much about Jags and what the facelift entailed. I also find the phrase 'mostly motorway miles' annoying. Er, how do you know? In my opinion it ranks alongside the old favourite 'aircon just needs a regas'.

I Agree but you have to believe some things as to do 88k in less than 4 years motorway must have been there a good portion as you don't do 20k in school runs.

Car has Full dealer history 7 stamps if I recall , big differences in facelift are 8 speed box from 6 daytime running lights more power in engine 285bhp from 271 cant recall all the differences.

59 plate car all day long, Fsh very low miles and easier to sell on after you've finished with it.

The 61 plates mileage will be even higher once you have finished with it.

I agree but I do only do about 5 to 6k a year so it wont get to high even if I keep it for 3 years

I agree but I do only do about 5 to 6k a year so it wont get to high even if I keep it for 3 years

Still think its enough difference to matter, to some of course not everyone :thumb:

Get the 61 plate, as your mileage is low.

It will be easier to sell as most people prefer a newer registration,
and any factory faults in the 59 plate would have been revised in the 61.

get the 61 plate, as your mileage is low.

It will be easier to sell as most people prefer a newer registration,
and any factory faults in the 59 plate would have been revised in the 61.

+1

The facelift XF is a much better looking car.

I owned a pre-facelift XF 3.0 S Portfolio and it was a truly great car, I'd have another one without hesitation.

No they are the 3lt diesel twin turbo in fact they are a lot quicker than the 3ltr petrol they have bags of torque standard its 600 and simple remap will take that to 800

Last edited:
No they are the 3lt diesel twin turbo in fact they are a lot quicker than the 3ltr petrol they have bags of torque standard its 600 and simple remap will take that to 800

DPF error message are pretty common on the XF, but im sure you will of factored this into your driving profile/usage.

Which brings onto the question of the DPF state on a (59) 5/6 yr old car with only 37k miles ?

Could always de-dpf i guess

These are cars in question

Attachments

• jag 2.jpg
    jag 2.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 40
  • jag.jpg
    jag.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 39
Again 61 plate best looking best colour , that blue looking like a old mans car :thumb:

There both blue albeit different shades, I will go to see the 61 plate tomz and make decision then down on what it looks and drives like.

What I do know is its owner lives in a very nice area, not that means heck of a lot but better than some area's near me that I would not buy a pack of matches from let alone a car.

For me this wouldn't be a brainer. 61 plate looks fabulous. Go for it and ler us know how it goes. Good luck.

If you are only expecting to do 5k-6k miles per year you ought not to be targeting a diesel powered car.

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom