Mileage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CardinalZeus77

Car
Porsche 991.2 911 Carrera S
Well thats the first full tank of fuel almost used (up to the reserve light) and 575 miles covered with the indicator showing another 60 miles available.

How accurate is the remaining mileage indicator? I wonder how far I could let it go down to :)? I remember in the BMW it was very accurate and have gone down to the -- indicator ;)

Most of the mileage (90%) is up and down the motorway.
I must say the car is very comfortable. I reckon I could get more mileage out the car if I drove more conservatively but still not a bad result to get 635 out a tank.

Depends how big your tank is.

They are pretty accurate, I have had mine down to 0 miles remaining before and still drove a few more miles to fill up......when I filled up I calculated there was a good 3+ litres left in the tank.

I think mine has the 90L tank and I've had it down to 10 miles left on the range, not because I wanted to but couldn't find a fuel stop late at night in Frnace.

At one point after a fill the range says 1000 miles.

I think mine has the 90L tank and I've had it down to 10 miles left on the range, not because I wanted to but couldn't find a fuel stop late at night in Frnace.

Not sure what the tank size is on my car. When I filled up when the reserve light came on I put in 57.5 litres of fuel.

I remember in the BMW it was very accurate and have gone down to the -- indicator ;)
Not that accurate then, unless you had run out of fuel at that point? :D

Not sure what the tank size is on my car.
It will say in the handbook, 65 litres maybe.

I really miss having a 'range' display on the cluster ... the Vito doesn't have it :(

I know on the W/S211 the standard tank for the 220CDi was 60l. There was a specific option to have the larger one fitted (80l) that I always went for which allows for the run down to the Med on one tank.

On the current car the range function changes from the mileage left to "Low Fuel" (or something like that) when the light comes on which is a bit of a pain. Experience has shown I can get 30-50 miles depending on the driving, but it would be nice to know, especially in those more isolated areas of France when the pumps are closed and the nearest supermarket is 40 miles away...

When driving to the in-laws in the South of Germany the 'miles remaining' was invaluable in conjunction with the TomTom. The latter can be set to give a verbal warning as you approach a filling station, also telling you how far it is to the next one after that.

Made planning fuel stops very easy.

My experince is the the range indicator on the current Mercedes range is fairly accurate. (+ or -10 miles).
However, I have had the occasion to drive and Audi A6 60 miles beyond the '0' miles on the range indicator (new French road before they built the services!) and still got to a fuel station:eek:
Not a comfortable feeling late at night!

When driving to the in-laws in the South of Germany the 'miles remaining' was invaluable in conjunction with the TomTom. The latter can be set to give a verbal warning as you approach a filling station, also telling you how far it is to the next one after that.

Made planning fuel stops very easy.

what a fantastic use of technology - thats what its there for!

what a fantastic use of technology - thats what its there for!
Indeed! Hence was sad to find that the cluster display on the Vito doesn't give miles remaining. But on the plus side we make it very comfortably with a single stop now, so timing isn't as critical.

The range at 0 miles is down to the reserve.

I think there is 6 litres reserve on my E320cdi so there should be around 50-60 miles left once it hits 0 miles remaining. Although would ever test this.

I remember pulling up to a filling station in St. Tropez a couple of years ago with 5 miles remaining showing on our 535d and the station not taking a UK card, I ended up driving 62km along the autoroute at a very sedate 60kmh before finding a filling station that was open and had someone sat at the till who could take a card.
A very scary night, but did make me wonder just how far you could push it when it says 0 miles remaining.

C220 CDI Elegance W204 2007 London to Edinburgh 75-80 did 50mpg
London to almost Lands end and back 640 miles 60 -70 mph did 54 mpg

As per computer, hope it is accurate as I guess thats not bad, Im sure my Golf 1.9 TDi didnt do better and that was a 5 speed maual

Can you get a 90L tank on one of these?

You must as I've never had mine read 1000 miles, which I would like as thats two weeks driving plus without needing to fuel it, more if all I use it for is getting to work.

C220 CDI Elegance W204 2007 London to Edinburgh 75-80 did 50mpg
London to almost Lands end and back 640 miles 60 -70 mph did 54 mpg

As per computer, hope it is accurate as I guess thats not bad, Im sure my Golf 1.9 TDi didnt do better and that was a 5 speed maual

He's good, but he's restarting old threads with the same content.

Question is : 30 post seeker or a future spammer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom