Mileage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do average of 50,000 miles a year as i am a Chauffeur and have my own company(Prime Cars based in reading) the front brake pads last me about 40k and i just done the disks at 149k the rear pads last me 149k and the disk is still perfect:):D:)

Last edited:
Originally posted by 2swift4u
I do average of 50,000 miles a year as i am a Chauffeur and have my own company(Prime Cars based in reading) the front brake pads last me about 40k and i just done the disks at 149k the rear pads last me 149k and the disk is still perfect:):D:)

Do you come out to Jealotts Hill near Bracknell sometimes? If so, I have seen you!

Cheers, Robbo

10,500 on my 2002 CD220CDi (although I have only owned it a month and have smiled with every one of the 500 miles I have added:)

Yeah i probally have if any one in the reading area needs a Chauffeur i am a phone call away

That was probably you I noticed last week then:D There cant be too many 2000 red 300TDs around the area!

Anyway, back on topic, 22000 miles, 2000 of which are mine put on over the last 10 weeks.

Cheers, Robbo

47k in my 1999 CLK 320.
150k miles on one set of disks??!!!
You must be a very lightfooted driver. Both of my last two mercs have needed discs all round at less than 50k miles. And I don't drive with a heavy foot. I use ATE pads (supposedly OEM merc) - I reckon they are a bit hard though.

Paul G

42k on 1996 C180.

Head gasket at 36k,
wheel bearing and radiator at 41.5k.

I used ATE the person at Euro Parts told me that they are original, I think I will have to wait until i do another 150k to find out:).
And yes I do drive very softly when I have clients they want to be driven smoothly they dont want to feel me braking thats why I brought a mercedes over a BMW

52k since 9/99 (all mine). Brake switch at 48k in March, new discs and pads all round in March (at the GTG) at approx 49k.

Cheers

Andrew

Driven 10k in our A160 Auto (2000) bringing the mileage to 43k.

One engine rebuild, front suspension links and rear trailing arms replaced, rear springs rusted through and replaced, leaking fuel lines replaced, battery failed and replaced.

Five extended stays at the dealership garage, two extra to re-spray the drivers door and front wings, five nice courtesy cars.

Glad the Merc came with a decent warranty...

I had my abs switch changed at 104k i think
N/S of the car been resprayed three times due to blind drivers
hand brake broken by stupid mechanics dont worry i will send them the bill
SRS fault and Fog light faults which i need to get sorted

Holy crap!

I thought mercs were supposed to be bullet proof egineering:eek:

May I ask what went wrong with the engine?

Robbo

Originally posted by Robbo
Holy crap!

I thought mercs were supposed to be bullet proof egineering:eek:

May I ask what went wrong with the engine?

Robbo
Gross water contamination of the engine oil.
No root cause established, repairs covered under warranty.

Drove home Friday with a yellow warning light and "Check Oil Level" on the display. After Sunday lunch I dropped in at the dealership to query the fault code (had the car only a few weeks)

Workshop was closed and the sales staff refused to examine anything under the bonnet... Mobilo life to the rescue !

Head gasket looked okay, head pressure-tested (in Stuttgart!) and checked okay. Engine flushed, rebuilt and has run fine for 9.9k kms.

Five weeks to complete and an extra two days to respray the panels damaged while in the 'care' of the dealership garage.

Terribly nice people at the dealership, struggling to cover an embarrassing catalog of largely 'known faults' with an early A-Class.

Hang in there AJTHOMAS!

..there will be good days for all these bad days :)

Originally posted by weebobster
Hang in there AJTHOMAS!

..there will be good days for all these bad days :)

Your spot on.
Since the 'early days' it's been a delight to drive and gains admiring glances from friends and colleagues alike.

First proper car (>£3k) I've ever owned and all the little touches still make me grin and appreciate the money invested in a premium brand.

Anybody else got a favourite design feature or gadget / function that sums up 'Mercedes Engineering' <new topic?>

Current favourite: Quick twist of the ignition key and release. Car then continues to fire for as long as necessary to start the car all by it'self. Simple, efficient and not available on lesser Fords !

E32O 1998 Just got to 50k done 7k init since Dec 2002.
Nothing serious apart from fogged fog light,new battery and tyres really.

Cheers
Ian

Originally posted by AJTHOMAS
Current favourite: Quick twist of the ignition key and release. Car then continues to fire for as long as necessary to start the car all by it'self.
That never fails to impress. Lean in through the window while talking to someone, push the key in, twist, let go then carry on talking...much to everyone's amazement as it starts by itself :)

I went to test drive a new Honda accord last (my parents are looking for a new car) I got in flicked the key and it didn't start!

Also when coming off roundabout's I gave the indicator stalk a quick tap and it only flashed once quickly, not three times like I'm used to. Funny how you get used to these little things.

ps I've done just over 12,000 in 6 months in mine now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom