Mileages!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidbilyk

Car
S211 E320 CDi Sport
Hey Guys,

I have just bought an E300D with 442,000 miles on it. I was wondering if anyone on here has got anything with similar mileage?

How many miles can these do? I can feel a million mile mission coming on :rolleyes:

As long as you look after,they`ll go forever.

There are a few on the forum with approaching half a million miles.

Mine presently has sights set on the quarter mil' :)

If you look at taxis and HGVs you'll read of 1 million miles being done, so a well maintained and sympathetically driven diesel car should go on for a very long time.

There are a few on the forum with approaching half a million miles.

Mine presently has sights set on the quarter mil' :)

Well I refuse to be beaten!! 750,000 here we come! :rock:
So regular servicing etc, same as usual MB ownership.

So in about 36,000 miles it will have been to the moon and back :bannana:

Might even offer it out to fellow forumers as a long distance alternative :thumb:

if you have one with higher mileage then it tends to become a mission to see how high it can go.... so almost the reverse of having low mileage applies - i'd love to have a 124 E300D that has mega mega mileage just to see the faces at garages when they MOT it. last mot at 206,000 mine had and the guys there were very impressed on its condition for such high miles! i guess they dont "get" the W124 quality :D

saying that, my SL has done 175k and i'm more concerned on how long that will last - i am sure its fine, but i have more confidence in the diesel engine lasting longest!!!

if its running great now, then with regular servicing and attending to whatever needs doing it should just carry on!

W124 E300 Diesel high-miler? Change the engine mounts, front ARB bushes and (probably) the front prop doughnut

It'll make for a much nicer car

Nick Froome

I work on trucks and to be honest million milers are far and few between nowadays used to be quite a few about at one time.

Average 100k to 200k per annum and 5 years is quite old for a large company truck, owner drivers tend to take them further.

Still a couple of companies doing big miles 25k plus, every 6 weeks, but only keep them 2/3 years.

Lynall

I work on trucks and to be honest million milers are far and few between nowadays used to be quite a few about at one time.

Are those trucks then scrapped, or just sold on to lower cost hauliers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom