Miles to the tank?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB E63AMG

Car
2012 Mercedes E63 Estate, 2011 Ford Focus Sport, 2012 GBS Zero
Does anyone know how many miles to the tank a new E63 does with the new BiTurbo engine?

I have one coming in May and was interested if they were much better than the old 6.3.

You may be the first to get one on the forum...so probably no info available.

"More economical" is generally one of the USP's of a new engine.

Cheers, not expecting it to be anywhere economical but am having some long delays on the build and I have been considering cancelling and looking at a used one but can only find the old engine on the estate, was just thinking how much difference does the new engine make, my head is telling me to wait but I ordered the car on 4th Jan and it seems a long wait!

Big tank, it will do 300 miles plus I reckon on average, maybe more, probably less if you spank the life out of it.

From the reviews I have seen they say you should get mid 20's up to 27/28 relatively easy which would push you to more like 350 on a tank however I have also heard from people that have driven them is that once pushed they are just as thirsty as previous incarnations and you will struggle to get 15/16 mpg.

Put £98 in mine this month from nearly empty for a longish trip. It's an E55k, granted but don't think the results would be too dissimilar. Varied driving, Mways, A's and B's.

*** is right. I got just over 320 miles out of it.

(Edit, Sorry savman, got distracted during typing. Women!)

Last edited:
Seems an odd question?

Depends on the roads you drive on and the speed, and length of your trips.

I guess on a track you would be looking at 6 to 8 mpg? so assuming 80L tank around 105 miles to empty :)

If you drive like Miss daisy I see no reason why the latest model would not do 25 maybe even 30 reading the road and driving easy? So a tank lasts say 440 miles?

So between 105 and 440 depending how much fun your having. On Average it must do 20mpg? so 350 miles.

If the very latest one is arriving in May then your almost there now. If your happy with the depeciation which will hit the new model then stick with it.

However there are the 'old' E63's for some huge savings I guess on list so it wouldn't really matter if they are a little bit less economical?? as you would have a bundle saved for fuel :)

Too be honest I don't think E63 and economy really go togther.

Post the pictures of the new beast when it arrives, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Congrats sit tight and wait it will be well worth it.

Fuel consumption

Urban (mpg)
Extra-urban (mpg) [4]
Combined (mpg)

Cheers, not expecting it to be anywhere economical but am having some long delays on the build and I have been considering cancelling and looking at a used one but can only find the old engine on the estate, was just thinking how much difference does the new engine make, my head is telling me to wait but I ordered the car on 4th Jan and it seems a long wait!

As hard as it is to wait, I would try and wait for the new one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom