milky/film on amg c class sport wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roobler

Car
C220
Hey,

I have the black/metal amg c class sport wheels and every time I clean them they look more grey than black. it's as though they have a film/milky colour to them on the black parts.

I have tried various cleaners etc without much look. I'm thinking about taking them to Lepsons and getting a full refurb on them.

Is there anything I can try before doing this, I was thinking a clay bar or something.

are they diamond cut? I had all mine replaced by Mercedes under warranty at 18 months
was a 2012 amg sport plus

yeah, they are.
it's a 63 plate so definitely not under warrant now haha

so annoying, I had a similar issue with the glue coming from under my seats and they refused to sort it. luckily I managed to remove the stains after trying various things.

Mercedes paint warranty is 10 years, worth going to a dealer and having a moan as it was a common fault due to poor laquer at the factory,

I will try the MB option first, I didn't have much luck with the staining on my seats.

The 'milkiness' is caused by moisture getting under the lacquer and causing it to go opaque. Spraying lacquer on top will not help; the affected wheels will need to be sanded back and redone.

roobler said in his post that the colour was on the top . I know about water ingress ,after a stone chip water it works its way undr the clear coat to leave this milky look .And yes a full refurb is the only way to get rid of it .

If you get them polished and lacquered again,....it will return in the future (especially if they get curbed as it's an entry for water).

Longer term solution is to get them powdercoated.

anybody got a photo as I think mine might be doing it

Took the car into Canterbury MB, they have taken some photos and should be getting in-touch on Monday. I noticed a brand new set of the wheels on a car and they are a complety different colour, something is seriously wrong with mine. Mine look grey compared to the glossy black on the ones I saw today.

so annoying, I had a similar issue with the glue coming from under my seats and they refused to sort it. luckily I managed to remove the stains after trying various things.

Ive got the same car/seats - what did you use to remove the staining?

I've also go milky stains on my wheels, but on the metal faces - looks like a stone chip has let some water in. Will need a refurb in the future. Is the staining on the black parts of the wheels across all of it or just in certain areas? Might be water ingress too.

I used a steam cleaner with no product just water and they came out looking pretty good.

As for the wheels, it looks like a trip to lepsons is needed sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom