Millers Diesel Power Plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive always used a diesel additive and I can assure you they make a difference to my car. I must say though, I use Wurth diesel additive, not cheap, but effective.

The below article is very informative and stresses the 'You get what you pay for' argument.

http://www.truckinfo.net/trucking/additives-workpage.htm
I just love that bit:

IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, ADVICE, SERVICES, MERCHANDISE AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY. TRUCKINFO.NET DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED.

The capitals are theirs not mine and it should be noted that ANY additive might invalidate the warranty of a modern CDI engine, but we are all aware of that? :)

Regards
John

They most definately do work!

That's why I never have had to replace an injector (Peugeot 405 TD sold at 167,000 miles and my current Merc at 187,000 miles).

When I have stopped using it for short periods I suffer from diesel knock. This goes away immediately after using an additive. I put a small shot in every fillup. works out at £1.50 per tankful which is cheaper than using a premium fuel.

They most definately do work!

That's why I never have had to replace an injector (Peugeot 405 TD sold at 167,000 miles and my current Merc at 187,000 miles).

When I have stopped using it for short periods I suffer from diesel knock. This goes away immediately after using an additive. I put a small shot in every fillup. works out at £1.50 per tankful which is cheaper than using a premium fuel.

I ran a Vauxhall Astra 1600 Diesel for 266,000 miles in my ownership, and probably another 100K with the previous owner. That also never had any fuel system issues without the use of any additive.

Lots of talks about these things, and the claim to raising the cetane levels, most test that these things do nothing

You are confusing diesel additives with petrol additives. Cetane improvers definately do work as do the cleaners and smoke reducers in Millers as well, I've seen test results as well as usage.

Millers dieselclean/powerplus was originally developed for Truck racing teams to reduce the visible smoke and increase performance from overfuelling drag trucks.

It definately reduces diesel knock, especially on direct injection engines as well as adding lubrication to make up for the reduced sulpher content of modern diesel.

Someone I know was a complete sceptic of additives until his motorhome was just scraping through the MOT smoke test. He then started using an additive and obtained a clear pass with noticably less visible smoke output.

Here is the stuff my local MB dealer uses

Forte is good stuff. They used to run trials at a local HGV garage to assess effectivenes.

My sympathies! :)

(I only say that because I had one of these as a hire car and hated every minute).

-simon

Sympathy not necessary - if the Merc that I now own manages the same level as reliability as that old bus then it will do well . Latest thing to drop off after a multitude of electrical problems is the Parking brake release mechanism - just how can a simple ratchet assembly fall to pieces?

At 266000 Miles all that will be left of this Merc will be the log book

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom