Millers Ecomax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Erfan

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 E220 CDI Avantgarde '08
Was planning to use next week before a 200 mile motorway round trip (Birmingham and back in a day). It says you can double the dose but is there a danger too much could get cleaned off in one go and clog the fuel system up or damage seals? Thanks

Just use the standard dose- I imagine there's a wide margin of error since the slightly crude normal 5cc dose dispensed by the bottle for a "full tank" depends on the tank size. The ratio recommended by millers is 1/1000 1ml per litre. So work out the ratio required e.g for say a W210 80 litre?? tank you need 8cc close enough to 2 doses from the bottle. I have found Miller's to quieten down the engine- not sure about the economy- to be honest I reckon you would gain the most benefit from using this product on a regular basis rather than as a one off solution.

That would be most unlikely.
BUT
Why not just use it as the manufacturer recommends.

I've used it for years in E300TD cars.
It is certainly beneficial.
Several threads on the Forum discuss this.
The dosing rate is clearly not all that critical in my experience.

Thanks. I intend to use it regularly. I will just do the recommended 50ml per 50 litres. I am sure my tank is 65.

If you intend to use it on regular basis, shouldn't you just use Premium fuels (V-Power etc) instead? Would be simpler than adding the additives yourself and having to worry about the correct ratio / concentration etc. It would also probably cost about the same anyway.

If you intend to use it on regular basis, shouldn't you just use Premium fuels (V-Power etc) instead? Would be simpler than adding the additives yourself and having to worry about the correct ratio / concentration etc. It would also probably cost about the same anyway.

Premium diesel costs up to 10p per litre more and gives less mpg. Millers costs 1p per litre treated and gives more mpg.

Have incorrect tyre pressures hit a traffic jam carry some passengers or take luggage etc etc ............ and all that mpg stuff goes out the window.

Premium diesel... gives less mpg....

Why is that? I don't generally believe promises of 'helps improve mpg', but why would Premium fuels be LESS efficient? Lower caloric value? Sounds odd...

Why is that? I don't generally believe promises of 'helps improve mpg', but why would Premium fuels be LESS efficient? Lower caloric value? Sounds odd...

That is a mystery as confirmed by the tests done by Which? magazine a couple of years ago.

I used to run a Saab 9-3 tdi -it would return 48-50 mpg on standard diesel and 52-54 mpg on shell v power. The engine was quieter on v power and was subjectively more lively too. Similar experience with Renault diesels before this

I find that there is a 7p/litre diff. between normal and "super" diesel which on 50 ltrs = £3.50. Millers 500ml - £10.00 = £1 per 50 litres. My average would be 50ltrs every 2 weeks which makes it £91 / £26 comparison over a year. (Savings would be more if bought in bulk)

This is not a lot I suppose and I fully accept there is the inconvenience of having to add separately and this was one of the things that put me off, but this was before I knew there is an easy dose filling system built into the bottle to take the guesswork away.

Having read comments on this forum I thought I would give it a go. Even if it just makes things quieter I wouldn't be overly disappointed. Have used bp/shell premium versions on previous petrol cars and was not impressed by them.

I can always give the v power a go but will do the millers first and share my experience.

I used Redex regularly on my petrol cars for many many years, but moved to Premium Fuels around 10 years ago when they became common in the UK.

My main reason was the inconvenience of working out the correct dosage when not filling up from empty, e.g. when topping up a 2/3 full tank etc.

Best of luck and do let us know how it all went....

Thanks, I agree ref. correct dosage and not straight tankfuls. Will update.

Have done approx. 1000miles and noticed the engine is a bit quieter on idle which was what I was hoping for. Possibly a slight increase in mpg but not fully convinced on that yet since the warmer weather could have helped. I plan to continue using this so I am sure I will be able to deduce more as time goes on. Where do you buy yours? I got from ebay for £10 for 500ml.

Last edited:
Use this in both my TD vehicles.

When I do not, Mrs S, she of the leaden foot and cloth ears, tends to send messages to the effect of: WTF is wrong with this vehicle?

Thus I know it works

That is a very good argument in favour and should convince any doubters!

I'm convinced.
I can offer Ecomax at £50 incl. VAT for 5 litre can.
Collection only from Barnsley or Bradford.
VAT invoice can be provided.

That is most decent of you, thankyou and undeniably a fantastic offer. However collection is a problem and 5ltrs would last me 4 years based on my current mileage!

Much cheaper buying 5 litres, have a look in ebay for us southern boys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom