Million dollar ashtray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEJ

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 VW Passat GT estate. SLK- now gone 2010 Hyundai I 10.
Broke the front plate off the ashtray the other day. Ashtray still glides in and out, so decided to see how much a new front plate would cost.
Phoned Purslows stores and after being told that it was not possible to buy a new plate I was quoted £245.00 for a complete unit!!!
I was advised to take the car to Purslows so that the storeman could have a look to see if he was actually quoting for the right part.
Went there today, he had a look and said that I would have to buy the whoke ashtray unit, price over £300.00.
All the plate does is to hide the coin holder and is mainly cosmetic. As I don't smoke or use the coin holder it is going to be the recipient of some super glue.
BEJ:mad::mad:

And?

Ebay or a breakers is your friend.

Five years ago, just for a laugh, I got them to price up a wood & leather steering wheel for my SL (this was a £540 option when new). At the time (with VAT at 17.5%) it came to £2,407!

Five years ago, just for a laugh, I got them to price up a wood & leather steering wheel for my SL (this was a £540 option when new). At the time (with VAT at 17.5%) it came to £2,407!

The one you have is very rare in wood&leather,last time I had a quote for a 124 one it came £1620 Inc vat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom