Milltek/Aftermarket exhaust systems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevebgt1

Car
Audi R8 V10 Plus . MRC Tuned 655BHP Larini Exhaust.
Hi guys,

Well after nearly a week of ownership of my C63 507, I am starting to think about louder pipes ! Milltek seems to be one everyone are using. Are there any others that are as good ? And does anyone know of anyone within a sensible distance of South Manchester that fits them and sets them up ? Also, do they affect fuel consumption ?
Cheers, Steve

I think on here they tend to spend a bit extra on exhausts than milltek but i am sure some better knowledgeable people will reply in due course.

Tony.

Hi Steve,

I'd look at either a full IPE system or just the headers changed. My car has an IPE system like many others on here and it doesn't get much louder than that. But it still retains a very nice sound in my opinion! It makes that smile you have when you drive the car even bigger!
I would certainly recommend hearing a few systems before you buy. When i first heard the IPE system, i bought one for mine on the spot. lol

Speak with Acid at MSL he can help with everything from a simple de-cat to installation of a full IPE exhaust ( which with a map would give you roughly 550bhp)

Speak with Acid at MSL he can help with everything from a simple de-cat to installation of a full IPE exhaust ( which with a map would give you roughly 550bhp)
Not really looking for power gains etc, just a slightly louder system, so should I just be looking at the de-cat options ??

Just gut the secondary cats i think is the way they do it.

Tony.

What this man says really.

Acid is the "go to" person, especially given your location.

Your cheapest way would be to gut/remove the secondary cats. This is a very common mod. After that it's what Lee says really, or even the full FI system, though I find this a bit too loud even though it is valved.

I think I would be happy with the Akra slip on system tbh.....

I checked the Akra out and if I remember correctly it was more than IPE by a lot.

I checked the Akra out and if I remember correctly it was more than IPE by a lot.
Really ?????

Ok then , so save messing about, if I just want it sound better, is it best to just do the de-cat mod to the standard system ?

De cat will make it sound much deeper.

A valved rear section would give you the option of being quiet (similar to stock) to very loud and aggressive

De cat will make it sound much deeper.

A valved rear section would give you the option of being quiet (similar to stock) to very loud and aggressive

hmmmm….interesting. What sort of cost involved in that ? And how are the valves opened and closed ??

remote control and a vacumn line opens and closes them

Before you do anything, there's a recent thread on here where a member compiled over 10 minutes worth of C63 exhaust mod videos and lists what system they are using in each. Nothing beats that video for comparing each different option and system :thumb:

Before you do anything, there's a recent thread on here where a member compiled over 10 minutes worth of C63 exhaust mod videos and lists what system they are using in each. Nothing beats that video for comparing each different option and system :thumb:

This is the video.

[YOUTUBE]/watch?v=YCYDaevvJbc[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom