Milltek secondary catalyst bypass

Discussion in 'Performance Lounge' started by EDDIE12, Sep 16, 2016.

1. EDDIE12

EDDIE12 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2014 C63 AMG SALOON
    I know this has been asked before but please humour me:D. I've the C63 booked in this Tuesday too have the Milltek secondary catalyst bypass fitted (anything too look out for when it's being fitted?:dk:)? I've been told I would be better getting a remap done at the same time but am a little hestitate as there's still 10 months MB warranty left on the C63 plus I really don't want too start going down that slippery slope again by modifying the hell out off it and end up falling out off love with it like I did with my Evo IX. I think it's quick enough for what I us it for but at the same time I'd like it too sound a bit more meaner. Any input would be great, good or bad. :thumb:

2. PhilT

PhilT Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63 AMG Saloon
    Without going for long tube headers or a full exhaust the secondary cat delete will make little to none what so ever power wise so I would not worry about a remap for that.

If you are worried about warranty go for a Eurocharged remap and spend the extra to buy the handheld unit which will let you put the stock map back on if you need to take the car in & then when you leave you can put the remap back on. Its easy to do yourself and takes a few minutes.

3. PobodY

PobodY Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    I hear you. - My Nissan is pretty heavily modified now, and in some respects that's ruined it.

It's much more fun to drive than it was when I bought it, but the suspension is tighter now and the exhaust is louder... and my wife refuses to travel in it any more.

I suspect I'll have to let it go at some point fairly soon, and resist doing the same thing to the CLK.