Mince Pies danger: shock horror probe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
gaz_l said:
Vote Labour.

Gaz

Yes and look whats happened since some people did!

Overrun by chavs, parents who take no responsibility for their children, widespread racial hatred, thousands of deaths in Iraq because we cant so no to America, spiralling stealth taxation, crumbling NHS, nanny state, political correctness out of control, war on the motorist, London becoming totally pedestrianised..... the list goes on.........

Alfie said:

Overrun by chavs, parents who take no responsibility for their children, widespread racial hatred, thousands of deaths in Iraq because we cant so no to America, spiralling stealth taxation, crumbling NHS, nanny state, political correctness out of control, war on the motorist, London becoming totally pedestrianised..... the list goes on.........

Society suffers from self-indulgence. Social decay is a symptom of shrinking "charity" caused by legal misgivings. It's not that we are in a nanny state, or PC madness, or otherwise. It is simply that no person wishes to take the blame for the action of others for fear that they will be worse off.

The American legal system is primarily the catalyst for the absurd number of regulations being invented. I take my hat off to the Danish who discovered that removing 90% of all street signs actually reduced accidents and injuries in a small test zone.

It is apparent that society is reaching information overload and that there are too many snippets of information creeping onto every white surface. We are no longer able to process and store the wide variety of demands being placed on our attention. The natural human reaction is to shutdown and fly to a place which has nothing at all posted on walls.

There is only one factor variant from paradise to modern life. That is noise - verbal, musical, visual. How stupid would someone look if they sat on a remote beach with an ipod (solar powered version). Yet it seems to be the only means of drowning out transit on a London train.

All it would take it is for one person to prove that putting up a sign is not a form of due diligence and this can all end.

BonzoDog said:
I mention this as I have a colleague with this affliction. He ate something he thought was innocuous and it wasn t. The same happened to a girl in my daughter s class. In the first case none of us knew what to do. In the second case the school knew what to do but this has resulted in notices around the school. Some parents complain that this is bureaucracy gone mad but I suspect we might hear a different story if it was their child.
However I did not want to over dramatise but just to point out there is quite often some good underlying reason. The question is how should the information be presented and where does common responsibility begin and end. It seems that there isn t an easy answer.
And yes I would also agree that we all do ourseleves far more damage with alcohol and any of a number of other vices but again it is a question of society tackling the problems that it can identify.
Apologies for being boring.

Instead of teaching sex education to barely teens, perhaps they can include road safety and first aid as a life skill worth having.

So far this summer, since high school graduation, we have lost on average one teenager every day for a month on a provisional drivers permit.

Im afraid that Nintendo is the driving instructor in most cases and passing a one time test is no great predictor any more. Clearly if you are going to ram something down a persons throat then at least it can be survival skills. I wish I could screen crash sites to pre-teens and make them throw up all over the school. There is nothing glamorous about driving a Porsche if you are going to slam into a concrete wall at high speed.

Seeing as scouts and guides are no longer the mode of life skills training then the vacuum has been filled with iPODs.

Last edited:
Alfie said:

Sorry Alfie, that was sarcasm.

And before anyone says it's the lowest form of wit, I never claimed I was Oscar Wilde.

my ex seemed to be allergic to air - but hey

anyway - asked for a 'no nut' no (insert item here) meal on a plane - and lo and behold, meal turns up - immediate reaction.

take injection doofer - spends 2 hours shaking like a leaf. needs wheel chair to get off plane :eek:

(interestingly, discover at this point that they have the adrelaline injection on board - but 'not allowed to administer it for h&s reasons' - eh??? shes going to die - but you wont inject her, cos it might kill her???)

guydewdney said:
my ex seemed to be allergic to air - but hey

anyway - asked for a 'no nut' no (insert item here) meal on a plane - and lo and behold, meal turns up - immediate reaction.

take injection doofer - spends 2 hours shaking like a leaf. needs wheel chair to get off plane :eek:

(interestingly, discover at this point that they have the adrelaline injection on board - but 'not allowed to administer it for h&s reasons' - eh??? shes going to die - but you wont inject her, cos it might kill her???)

Airline food .... two words that don't look right next to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom