Mine Auto W211 E55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nyteryder

Car
E55 2005 Silver(SOLD)
So this is my E55 had it for just over a year now. It is bone stock (performance wise) only thing i'll be doing will be looking to get a bit more sound from the exhaust, as I unfortunately made the acquaintance of the ol' bill just 3hrs into ownership.

Attachments

• IMG_3924-s.jpg
    IMG_3924-s.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
Looks in good shape from the photo.

One of the greats!

I loved mine and I think I only got pulled by the rozzers twice in 5.5 years but both both times they were both very decent and reasonable and also incredibly impressed by the performance and sound of the car (mine was running at 600 with Kleemann headers, full decat, X pipe and standard back boxes).

I tend to speak to others as I would wish they speak to me (unless they upset me before I've spoken to them).

Enjoy it though as this sort of thing won't be around forever and a dawn of extremely torquey/powerful tyre-shredding electric cars awaits with zero character, personality or orchestra to accompany...

Looks in good shape from the photo.

One of the greats!

I loved mine and I think I only got pulled by the rozzers twice in 5.5 years but both both times they were both very decent and reasonable and also incredibly impressed by the performance and sound of the car (mine was running at 600 with Kleemann headers, full decat, X pipe and standard back boxes).

I tend to speak to others as I would wish they speak to me (unless they upset me before I've spoken to them).

Enjoy it though as this sort of thing won't be around forever and a dawn of extremely torquey/powerful tyre-shredding electric cars awaits with zero character, personality or orchestra to accompany...

Thanks John,

Managed to find this one after having missed out on a few others, seems like you had a monster on you hands though....

You right about the electrics not ready for that yet.

Yeah the copper was very good to be fair, i was taking the mick so, no point in fanning the flame, he let me off with reeducation course which i was relieved about said thank you and cruise controlled my way home :) .

I was going to go for the X pipe but now that you mentioned the headers will look into that maybe not full decat though neighbors would not be happy.

Can i ask did you experience any droning with your set up?

Thanks John,

Managed to find this one after having missed out on a few others, seems like you had a monster on you hands though....

I was going to go for the X pipe but now that you mentioned the headers will look into that maybe not full decat though neighbors would not be happy.

Can i ask did you experience any droning with your set up?

It didn't hang around and the sound was amazing.

Kleemann headers aren't cheap but I found they gave a nice I would say 10% volume increase adding some depth to the exhaust too.

You have to lose primary CATs if you go Kleemanns so you will be running on secondaries only (unless you go for "shorties" i.e. shorter headers but these don't sound quite the same to me).

Having only secondary CATs would be OK though I think as the secondaries are 200 cell and I've heard of 200 cell racing CATs in a car which passes the MOT OK.

Technically, any CATs missing is a fail though so be aware of that (unless you know of an MOT station who will "not noticed" the primaries missing).

All my exhaust mods probably meant around 30% louder which I found not too loud (although we all perceive what is loud differently of course).

I did a lot of research into exhaust mods and it seems if you do anything too dramatic to the back boxes, you can hit droning which I really didn't want (I ran an XR3i in the latter 90s with a Piper Tornado 3" exhaust and the drone on that thing meant I changed it back to standard after a couple of years once the novelty wore off!).

Mine never droned and the sound you did get was a nice meaty burble.

I think you could get away with fitting CLS55K or C63 backboxes for extra volume without drone but I never got that far.

But if you remove back boxes competely, you will get drone and it will be f-ing loud!

Here's my old YT channel - if you start with the oldest videos you can follow progress with what I did and what it sounds like:

My YT Channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom