Mine occasionally falls off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Headhurts

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes GLC
And when it does it sets the alarm off, I do from time to time grasp it firmly and give it a wriggle and it always feels secure but as sure as eggs are eggs it will fall off and set the alarm siren going.
When I place it back I make sure everything is clean and I give it a gentle wet before pushing the sucker.
The only good thing is that the alarm system gets an occasional test.
Is there any better way to secure these Dash Cams?
:mad:

That'll be the heater on the windscreen then.

Can you mount it elsewhere

Steve

I found a neat trick.

Clean window with Isopropyl Alcohol to get rid of grease residues

Then smear a very thin coat of ultra hold super strong hair gel - the stuff that creates spikes
into the sucker. I recommend 'Garnier Fructis Style SURVIVOR Gel' the SURVIVOR gel has an *extreme* hold on hair and dries clear on the windscreen.

Being gel of course won't damage your windscreen or be hard to remove at a later stage like glue, as it dissolves with water.

The moisture of the gel also seems to help form a better air tight bond.
It needs at least 24 hours to cure since it is not exposed to free air, hence why you only need a smear of gel and not s dollop.

HOWEVER - I have not road tested this method during the heat of the summer when cabin temperatures can rise considerably in a parked car.

If mine does full off, I will try UHU glue which when dry should be removable if needed by simply rolling it with the thumb on hard surfaces such as glass and plastic, since this dries like rubber.

The other semi permanent solution is the sticky plastic stuff they use to stick freebies onto magazine covers or your new credit cards to the activate your cards letter.

I've used superglue before. When you remove it, it leaves the glue on the windscreen but you can scape that off with a teaspoon. It just flakes/chips off.

And when it does it sets the alarm off, I do from time to time grasp it firmly and give it a wriggle and it always feels secure but as sure as eggs are eggs it will fall off and set the alarm siren going.
When I place it back I make sure everything is clean and I give it a gentle wet before pushing the sucker.
The only good thing is that the alarm system gets an occasional test.
Is there any better way to secure these Dash Cams?
:mad:

Until I read the last sentence, I was wondering... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom