Mini 850

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For "one of the best early Mk1 Mini’s [sic] in the country" that has been "completely restored to a very high level" the seats look grubby and the front suspension is way too low.

Seats are apparently original from 1960. So technically not a complete restoration then?

MY first car in 1969 but white.

If it’s such a meticulous restoration, why are the wheels outside the body line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if it was perfect, it's still only a poxy 850 Mini....:rolleyes:

It might have a certain charm at £2k (though not for me - it would still be just an old banger in exceptional condition...), but at £20K?

Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas has come early (for the vendor) if it sells for that. I daresay a deal could be done, of course.

Deal; noun (n) a transaction in which each party thinks they are making a mug of the other, but only one is correct.

a motorised matchbox but with less safety than a wooden matchbox

You might be surprised; good minis fetch good money, especially the old ones. Now there does appear to be a few issues here (wheels outside the body is quite common - might be cooper wheels) but assuming its striaght then I could see it selling. Main issue, as always, is originality. The number you see of original minis for sale that have been reshelled and the engine changed is amazing!
A 998 cooper in good nick is over 20k and a 1275s 30+k. Its mad. I'd love another as my very first car was a 998 cooper bought for £1500 in 1988. It would be more like £15k now.

Charming, sure to find an owner for something less than £10k. Not £20k

But, buy it as a work of art, not for the driving experience.

And be clear that the "classic car market" is collapsing after the end of Quantitative Easing.

Interest rates may well be low but they're not printing cash any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom