Mini Mercedes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Anyone for a Mini Mercedes? :)

s-l500.jpg

Mini Classic Mini | eBay

Just the job for cruising the Kings Road... LOL!

Not for me but I do remember a custom Mini from the 70's called Mini Ha-Ha.

The details are lost but it was bright red, shortened to the point where you could drive from the rear seats and would pull wheelies in reverse.

I wanted it badly.

I remember seeing them when I was a lad living in Surbiton. I think it was Wood & Picketts most expensive Mini conversion.

Wood+&+Pickett+Mini+Margrave+1973.jpg

Last edited:
On my search for Wood and Pickett images I stumbled across this:-

Range-Rover-WoodPickett-Sheer-Rover.jpg

I'd be upset if at least one of the chaps in this image isn't called Farquharson.

I'd be upset if at least one of the chaps in this image isn't called Farquharson.

Have you been watching Billy Connolly?

A classic sketch where Connolly insinuates that all the posh Scots only use their surnames. Forenames are taboo.

A classic sketch where Connolly insinuates that all the posh Scots only use their surnames. Forenames are taboo.

It's kind of an in joke with my business partner. We have a coupe of customers with triple barreled names and one of them is a Farqhuar, they are so posh they're completely removed from all forms of real life whatsover. It's at least five generations since anyone in their family actually had to do anything as vulgar as work.

Think Four weddings and a Funeral (that Branson chap seems to be doing terribly well).

Lovely people but it never fails to make us chuckle.

Last edited:

There are hardly any (if any) male first names that aren't surnames. IIRC BC is referring to the choice of first names not them using surnames. Been a while since I saw the sketch mind.

There are hardly any (if any) male first names that aren't surnames. IIRC BC is referring to the choice of first names not them using surnames. Been a while since I saw the sketch mind.

Think Genghis McCann or Yehudi McEwan (from 'What's in a Name' on the Cop yer Whack for This album).

Try me on sport ;).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom