Mini old and new thought it was quite an interesting picture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As kids whenever we called someone ugly, my father asked us "Have you looked in the mirror lately?" .......:D

Beauty is only skin deep. ugly goes to the bone ;)

We were also in Mini clubs with our Clubman and my mums mini below...

It was a Mini Red hot imported new from Belgium and then we bought the body kit while on Holiday in Germany. We brought it back on the floor of the caravan. It ws then all put together at D&W in Hyde with 13" Minilite wheels !! and fancy adjustable suspension. We did thousands of miles in this car and attended many mant mini shows...

Will try and find a better picture !!

IMAG0664.jpg

Last edited:
They were of their time but were in fact death traps if you happened to be unfortunate to be in a collision in one one of them.

My first car for a total of two days was a Mini Clubman 1275GT. After that it was a pile of scrap after a friend performed an impressive version of the offset crash test on the passenger side with me in the passenger seat.
Knocking out all the newspaper and filler and welding in new sills and floors for the MOT along with wearing a seatbelt definitely saved my life.

Mini's..they're great..

Myself and my brother both had minis. Mine was a 1986 Mini Mayfair and his a 1991 Mini Neon. Fond memories of them both, and my brother has recently purchased a 1980 Mini Sprite as a project/2nd car.

I think BMW kept the mini going until the new replacement for 2 reasons; (1) to keep the mini and mini name alive for a smooth transition to the new one and (2) not to end such a "british" thing as the buyers may of been too pi$$ed off to buy the replacement?

from my brother's experience of purchaing a usable, running mini on a budget, he found you could easily spend £2k and get a complete rust bucket/next mot faliure. He ended up spending about £1.5k on his and it still required a reasonable amount of work to get it up to a usable state. Anything less than £1k was a certain basketcase.

mine was in top condition and loads of bolted on extras/shiney stuff.... i p/x for £600 in 1998 for a mondeo. :doh:

I often refer to them as a Maxi,never seen what is mini about them. I also have a Ka,which drives more like a mini than the new mini,is closer in size and the youth of today can actually afford them. Although perhaps the image of them isn´t quite as cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom