Minor bumper repair- paint/corrosion warranty

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by adz87kc, Jun 2, 2017.

1. adz87kc

adz87kc Active Member

Car:
    C63
    There are as few minor marks on the rear bumper I'd like to have corrected on my car.
    It's under warranty for another 2 years (paint/corrosion warranty might be a separate one?) so if I want these marks fixed does it need to go to a MB approved workshop so the warranty isn't void?

2. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
    If, in the future, you try and claim under the corrosion warranty MB will test the panel for paint thickness and if they discover it has been resprayed, and not by them, no cover ..

MB are notorious for not honouring the corrosion warranty in any case, so personally, I wouldn't let it sway my choice of bodyshop

3. niknakmb

niknakmb Active Member

Car:
    a ford :-(
    You can't measure paint thickness on plastic parts, if it is a good enough job no one will know that it was painted.

4. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
    I think you'll find one can and vehicle inspectors now have instruments to measure over steel, aluminium and plastic. You can bet MB will use them.

Automotive Paint Inspection: Paint Thickness Meters, Gauges