Minor NSF footwell/floor annoying rattle after IPE exhaust fitting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo-benz

Car
C63AMG//PP- MSL/WEISTEC 758BHP-SUPERCHARGED MONSTER
Hi all I have recently done IPE full exhaust system but I sometimes hear rattling beneath the passenger footwell area it is so annoying but sometimes it goes away abit or completely once the engine is hot and also after the car has been driven for more than 20 mins , I last time had this and it due to the fact that I had half of the system I could easily see where it last was touching that metal flat plate at the secondary cats, it was sat on it touching . When I got the rear end of exhaust fitted it cleared that area at least 2" ! But that noise is still there and wondering if anything else is Causing it, ie could it be the tight hole where LTH are located maybe it could be not clearing that area properly, of course I could go to a garage get it up on ramp an that put my reason for this post was to find out of someone out here may have the same problem experience as I have and could quickly eliminate the bug that's causing it.
Thank you for any info received !

hi all i have recently done ipe full exhaust system but i sometimes hear rattling beneath the passenger footwell area it is so annoying but sometimes it goes away abit or completely once the engine is hot and also after the car has been driven for more than 20 mins , i last time had this and it due to the fact that i had half of the system i could easily see where it last was touching that metal flat plate at the secondary cats, it was sat on it touching . When i got the rear end of exhaust fitted it cleared that area at least 2" ! But that noise is still there and wondering if anything else is causing it, ie could it be the tight hole where lth are located maybe it could be not clearing that area properly, of course i could go to a garage get it up on ramp an that put my reason for this post was to find out of someone out here may have the same problem experience as i have and could quickly eliminate the bug that's causing it.
Thank you for any info received !
solved-----

Any more pics of your car mate? It appears we both have similar looking cars!

C63//amg

Hi pal, yes it appears to be the same

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 20
C63//amg

It appears we both have similar looking cars

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 24
Solution, oh yes it the exhaust as with all new fittings had stretched downwards touching the bracket again due to heat. This time I have been re assured of it not to happen again . Thanks

I had exactly the same on mine. Resolved now also.

I had new exhaust clamps put on yesterday too at MB whilst it was in for its B Service. All is tight and well now :thumb:

Hi Scott bacon, howz it goin arkid? I think you met us lads at the MSL dec7 meetup , parked up third from yours,recall you saying you had the IPE, after I left I too realised that IPE would be the thing for me glad I have it as the sound got too much on oem backbox! Lol! Yes that annoying sound was under where the IPE pipe was rubbing against the oem bracket plate directly below the Gbox.how did you apply the solution ?, by pushing away the exhaust or bending oem plate a litte down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom