Minor recycling bin coming together

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carrotchomper

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E350 CDI coupe
Eeek!

Very windy last night. Coming back from work 0130 my reactions werent the sharpest and, despite braking very hard managed to collide lightly with 2 recycling boxes which had blown into the road. Punted them down the road. Won’t post the dashcam as it looks a lot dumber than it is!

Got up this morning to find this...
6781BA59-F2FA-47C1-9170-BDCB6EB8C4E2.jpeg
Oh no, thought I! (worse words might have been uttered!)
Thankfully it’s a spring not airbag based system.... little bit of Googling and had it sorted. Just need to put bonnet up then push it up further. Makes an awful noise but resets itself...

only activated on one side.
No warnings.
phew, bullet dodged!

Well at least it was only recycle bins,just before xmas at 2 am I was returning to a friends place which I was minding for a week turned into his normally quiet road which backs onto a wood,it was a bit misty and I saw what I thought was a dog in a garden took my eyes off the road for a second, looked back at the road and slammed the brakes on as there was three badgers in the middle of the road,they bolted as I had scared them and they smashed through fencing in another houses garden in there panic to get back to their sett,nothing like seeing three badgers in full flight smashing a interwoven fence to small bits.

Well at least it was only recycle bins,just before xmas at 2 am I was returning to a friends place which I was minding for a week turned into his normally quiet road which backs onto a wood,it was a bit misty and I saw what I thought was a dog in a garden took my eyes off the road for a second, looked back at the road and slammed the brakes on as there was three badgers in the middle of the road,they bolted as I had scared them and they smashed through fencing in another houses garden in there panic to get back to their sett,nothing like seeing three badgers in full flight smashing a interwoven fence to small bits.
So your ABS (Anti Badger System) worked!

I was on the A702 on my way home from a job in the small hours when a rabbit got dazzled in the headlights. The daft thing just sat there, but just as I was right on him he jumped up. Clonk bang thump thump........ and he came out the other end as rabbit soup. On arriving home I looked at the front of my then MK3 Cortina 2000E and the little fecker had made a proper dent in the front valance as they were called back in 2004.

If you can't miss a bin when you finish a shift, should you be driving at all. Thankfully it wasn't a person.

I think someone needs Google maps and a sence of humour 😀

I lived in Munich for year's. I suppose your on about London (no thanks overpriced dump) 😱

Wow Munich I take it all back, I assume in Munich there was sometimes people around at 1.40 (the original point) unlike Nottingham where it seems everyone is in bed by then. And no I don't live in London.

Yes there's people about as there is in notts but going back to the original post you don't see many people blowing around in the wind it was meant as a joke but hey nevermind (in Munich people were rolling around at that time especially in oct for the beer fest😄😄

So back to the original post, if one is out of it enough to hit a bin at 1.40 maybe you shouldn't be driving as there may be people about.

So back to the original post, if one is out of it enough to hit a bin at 1.40 maybe you shouldn't be driving as there may be people about.
The bins were blowing around ,that's how i took it not that they just hit a bin

Yes definitely in Munich when the October fest is on😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom