Minor scrape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gavnr

SUPPORTER
Car
W204 c63 estate
Driving along today in wife's car (little run around that is not worth much) slow moving traffic, two lanes with left lane merging into my lane as left lane becomes a bus lane. I hear a crunch and scrape and looking in my mirrors see that car in left lane catches my rear nearside quarter. Bit of a scuff that I'm not overly concerned about.

Other driver stopped but protested (quite loudly) that I should have been further across my lane! Anyway, I wasn't going to be able to have a reasoned conversation and he stormed off without providing details (not that I would claim anyway)

It seems that by law I need to notify police and insurance of 'accident'. Anyone done this before for a very minor incident and should I expect premiums to increase for no fault no claim?

Seems like i have no choice if I don't do this and would look worse if he does report it. Photos of numberplate etc taken.

Just report it to your local police station,you do not have to tell your insurer,it is unlikely that the other driver will make a claim but with you reporting it to the police it stops the cry of he went off without exchanging details and the like.

I agree with @zipdip just report it to the Police now and report it to your insurer if, as and when you have to make a claim. It doesn’t sound like you intend to. Liam and given the other driver left the scene without exchanging details then it doesn’t seem likely that they wish to claim - ao for now there is nothing to notify the insurer about, there’s no claim or potential claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom