Mint 420 SEC 24K Miles!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beautiful ....... they don't make them like that any more !!

Almost a shame to drive it .....

The same car is on Autotrader with a price tag of £13,995 (i think)

does look a lovely car and it is the same one on Autotrader - not a provate sale but a trade sale but guess he's concerned he won't get the exposure from his local company.

If anyone's intrested and they want me to go and have a squint at it - be happy to help ;)

It's a beauty.

pammy said:
If anyone's intrested and they want me to go and have a squint at it - be happy to help ;)
Pammy, what you really mean is
"I want to look at this car, someone please give me permission...." :D
Go on then....

Nice, but a hard colour to sell and definitely not worth £14k. Can't see anyone paying more than £9k.

Also appearing in ME p95.
And there was me thinking the colour is gorgeous :eek:
He's certainly bummin' it up big style - I wouldn't expect a single flaw in it for that kinda dosh!

I'm not saying the colour isn't nice - but you're either going to look like Dale Winton or Peter Stringfellow. The choice is yours!

it looks superb and with mileage as low as that it should be.

whether or not somebody will think it's worth the money, only time will tell.

how do you value a car that's averaged about 30 miles a week since the day it was built yet serviced nearly every year (2000 mile intervals) whether it needed it or not ?

I don't think he's being too unreasonable with the price.

Andy

You value a car by what people will pay for it - usually based on the price that similar cars have sold for.

stats007 said:
Nice, but a hard colour to sell and definitely not worth £14k. Can't see anyone paying more than £9k.
Oy Stats, my 500SL is Almandine!!

Its a nice colour. But then I'm a tad biased.

Greg

I did say the colour was OK - just that they're harder to sell as fewer people find them attractive - that was the point about the car not making £14k.

I think Almandine with beige is the best colour combo on an SEC, this car looks the business! £14k is over the top mind.

stats007 said:
My opinion is it's the best colour combination and sensible money

Winning bid £13600

Nice car BUT I would not pay that sort of money for it. I used to own a 126 saloon that was in showroom condition 280SE (well speced) 1984 with just over 20000 miles (,y father owned it from brand new before I had it). It was a lovely car and I sold it for 5K last year (prior to sale) I had a 36000 mile service carried out on it by stealer and spent £1800 on it... :crazy:

They are lovely cars BUT have to be treated with the utmost respect. I nearly lost it on a bend on a dual carriage way at 90MPH on a bend... :eek:

I'll be surprised if the auction gets completed - there's an '88 63k immaculate 420 SEC for £4,500ono - 1 owner FSH / garaged etc.

Maybe someone fell in love with it, however.

What a 'Beaut'......!!!

Wish I had the money !!!

I reckon it will go for a whole lot more than what it is now.

Lovely.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom