Mint looking S210 320cdi estate on ebay.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's an E430 near me that's low mileage and sooo clean.

I once had an E430 with those lovely orthopedic seats. Nice car.
The front wing rust was very minor at around 10 years old (it had rolled arches) compared to the rust on a 320CDI I owned (twice!) at a far earlier stage in its life.

I sold the 320CDI to our very own Charles Morgan and I know he looked after it.
It then went to another forum member and I spotted it for sale and snapped it up - Charles and I had spent plenty on the car.
It was around four years since I had owned the car and I was shocked at how badly the tin worm had take a hold, especially in the inner boot wheel arches. Golf ball-sized holes!
I had had the wings replaced under warranty by M-B, but remember Charles telling me they had started to show signs of corrosion not long after I had sold it to him.

I also had a 2003 Tealite Blue S210. The last of the buch in a 211 colour!

Last edited:
The rust thing is a simple story.

If the car is kept outside and used in the rain, it'll rust a bit.

Not all cars are kept outside, nor used in the rain. Some stay at home most of the time, tucked up in the dry, reading a good book, sipping on a coffee and wondering when the boss will get home. They don't get out much, and it's usually only when the weather's decent.

And, of course, there are a variety of situations in between - like the car that commutes but spends the day in an undercover garage. And the car that's cleaned and protected regularly, so the bodywork stays in good order, without a layer of mud on risky bodywork, which retains any rain that gets near it. (A particular problem on SWMBO's "classic" MX5.

Going back to this particular W210 on 120k miles, what is top whack for a when W211 Estates are so "cheap?" Don't know.

1685116246.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another s210 in the same shade of green. Mot history for this om606 example has no mention of rust. Maybe this paint was not water based, hence the lack of rot?

mercedes e300d turbo | eBay

I once had an E430 with those lovely orthopedic seats. Nice car.
The front wing rust was very minor at around 10 years old (it had rolled arches) compared to the rust on a 320CDI I owned (twice!) at a far earlier stage in its life.

I sold the 320CDI to our very own Charles Morgan and I know he looked after it.
It then went to another forum member and I spotted it for sale and snapped it up - Charles and I had spent plenty on the car.
It was around four years since I had owned the car and I was shocked at how badly the tin worm had take a hold, especially in the inner boot wheel arches. Golf ball-sized holes!
I had had the wings replaced under warranty by M-B, but remember Charles telling me they had started to show signs of corrosion not long after I had sold it to him.

I also had a 2003 Tealite Blue S210. The last of the buch in a 211 colour!
Last year i purchased a brand new front wing from the main dealers for my s210.

Fit was perfect as you would expect of a genuine Mercedes panel. The metal however was nowhere near as thick as an original w201 wing i have. Not quite sure what Mercedes were playing at back then, accountants not engineers in charge it seems.

Last edited:
Last year i purchased a brand new front wing from the main dealers for my s210.

Fit was perfect as you would expect of a genuine Mercedes panel. The metal however was nowhere near as thick as an original w201 wing i have. Not quite sure what Mercedes were playing at back then, accountants not engineers in charge it seems.

I seem to recall the wings fitted by M-B to my 210 being thin and the arches actually sharp. No wing liners either!

The rust thing is a simple story.

If the car is kept outside and used in the rain, it'll rust a bit.

Not all cars are kept outside, nor used in the rain. Some stay at home most of the time, tucked up in the dry, reading a good book, sipping on a coffee and wondering when the boss will get home. They don't get out much, and it's usually only when the weather's decent.

And, of course, there are a variety of situations in between - like the car that commutes but spends the day in an undercover garage. And the car that's cleaned and protected regularly, so the bodywork stays in good order, without a layer of mud on risky bodywork, which retains any rain that gets near it. (A particular problem on SWMBO's "classic" MX5.

Going back to this particular W210 on 120k miles, what is top whack for a when W211 Estates are so "cheap?" Don't know.

1685116246.jpg

I'd buy that with a Hyundi 1.3 engine in it. It is just so lovely to look at.

Once it's grubby, not highly-polished, it will be just another anonymous old E-class estate, though. My first Mercedes, an S210 E55, was just that - until the lights changed...:devil:

Once it's grubby, not highly-polished, it will be just another anonymous old E-class estate, though. My first Mercedes, an S210 E55, was just that - until the lights changed...:devil:
Would i be correct in thinking an s210 E55 is a lot of fun to drive?

You would indeed; but only until you've driven an S211 E55k, which is more of everything, really. More expensive, more costly to maintain, and more thirsty too, of course, but well worth it.

Last edited:
No way that very shiny 2K paint all over with no parking scuff or owt, is original...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom