Mint looking S210 320cdi estate on ebay.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChipChop

MB Enthusiast
Car
S210 320cdi w201 190d 2.5
Seems to be fetching good money as well.

Looks very nice and clean, not a high spec but if it really is rust free then would be a rare one

W/S210's look great on 17" Sador's.

I agree. I actually bought a set to put on the car but sadly the car died before I could put them on. They sold pretty quickly though.

How was it kept rust free ? possibly a couple of winters driving and it could look like most 210's nowadays? tatty and rusty They were great cars in 320CDI format spoilt by the propensity to rust that does look good that one though

I like that, looks like it will do well price wise too. Spec is reasonable for last of the line model, although I would agree its probably only a snowy winter away from having more perforations than a Tetley teabag.

Love the colour.

No parktronic either from what I can see.

Always thought the lines of the S210 are fab.

How was it kept rust free ? possibly a couple of winters driving and it could look like most 210's nowadays? tatty and rusty They were great cars in 320CDI format spoilt by the propensity to rust that does look good that one though
I had a peak through this cars MOT history and rust has never been mentioned. Maybe the later w/s210's were better protected or even just painted? Lovely to see a good example, when so many are tatty. Great cars imho.

Drove my s210 320cdi last week from Hexham (Northumberland) over the Penines to Alston along some great deserted roads and had a whale of a time.

Last edited:
Looks tidy in the pictures, especially considering most 210s have had it these days - but you just know it will have rust in the flesh. ‘Landsail’ tyres are the beginning of the disappointment, the brake calipers are rusty brown but I suspect a prod around under those arches would uncover some raggy edges here and there ;)

Four MOT tests this year in just over 1k miles? You have to feel sorry for the guy who took it in, failed on an airbag light and a seat. Tested it a month later, fixed the airbag and seats issues not a single mile added and it failed again on a broken spring and gained an oil leak advisory :doh:

Agree on the wheels, had the same ones on one of mine. S210s looked pretty smart back in the day, although I think the 211 wagon is just a bit more elegant and timeless :cool:

Looks tidy in the pictures, especially considering most 210s have had it these days - but you just know it will have rust in the flesh. ‘Landsail’ tyres are the beginning of the disappointment, the brake calipers are rusty brown but I suspect a prod around under those arches would uncover some raggy edges here and there ;)

Four MOT tests this year in just over 1k miles? You have to feel sorry for the guy who took it in, failed on an airbag light and a seat. Tested it a month later, fixed the airbag and seats issues not a single mile added and it failed again on a broken spring and gained an oil leak advisory :doh:

Agree on the wheels, had the same ones on one of mine. S210s looked pretty smart back in the day, although I think the 211 wagon is just a bit more elegant and timeless :cool:
It will be interesting to see if this car sells first time on ebay or is relisted. Difficult to make out signs of rust with the cars dark paintwork and no close up shots of the usual rust spots.

Good call on the Landsail Chinese death rings, not a good sign i have to admit.

I got bitten in the backside by a car like this. I bought an S210 E300TD from its original owner. The paintwork was really good as most of it has been repainted under warranty, including with new front wings. It ran beautifully and looked smart.

It was only when I jetwashed under the arches and started removing the plastic undershield pieces that the horrors became apparent. Annoyingly I had already spent a fair bit on maintenance at an Indy so “we’ll I’ve got this far...” came into play. Wasted more money replacing both front perches, repairing inner wings etc before eventually scrapping it out of frustration when I found more huge holes on the boot sides.

If I ever need a cheap estate, I will just get an old Volvo.

I miss my 320CDi 210. It was such an a incredibly versatile wagon and I loved being able to put my MTB in the back, without having to take off the front wheel.
However, tin worm laid rest to my ownership and helped sour things, along with a load of bills for various repairs, and tyres, which it seemed to eat.
Now running a 211 saloon and really appreciate the jump up in quality, but do miss the load lugging capabilities.

If I ever need a cheap estate, I will just get an old Volvo.
It would need be a T5 Volvo estate to be comparable with the larger petrol & diesel engined S210's performance wise. 850 T5's are getting expensive now.

42 bids and at £4601.00.

Love them or hate them, that's too strong unless it is better than the description by some way.

It would need be a T5 Volvo estate to be comparable with the larger petrol & diesel engined S210's performance wise. 850 T5's are getting expensive now.
Or even a D5, they weren't that far behind with 185 bhp & later 220 in twin turbo form.

Cleanest 210 I've seen for a long time but the proof is underneath!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom