Mint tea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
It's that time of year again when my pots are full of the most wonderfully fragrant mint and my thoughts turn to a)Roast Lamb and b) Mint Tea

Would anyone be kind enough to share their favourite mint tea recipes / tea choices, etc. with me please.

I usually go for a Darjeeling type of tea, drop of rose water and sugar. Oh and lots of mint of course.

My brews are nice, but I have never been able to reproduce the "real thing" I've tasted in Turkey or Morrocco though.

Thank you in advance.

I just soak the mint leaves in boiling water.

Sorry, excuse me for being ignorant. Isn't mint tea a moroccan speciality or Middle Eastern? Just out of curiosity. I can't offer a recipe as I only know to soak the leaves in boiling water.

Doh just read the end of your post, it's been a long day

Stolen from an old man in the Atlas mountains in Morocco during the Timbutku Rally:

20% Fresh Sage
40% Fresh Mint
40% Green tea (gunpowder ideally)

Add to a pot of cold water, add roughly 10-teaspoons of sugar per liter of water... Boil for about 30 minutes.

Drink scalding hot!

M.

We have lots of mint growing in our garden purely to satisfy our Mojito requirements. :bannana:

We have lots of mint growing in our garden purely to satisfy our Mojito requirements. :bannana:

[Captain Mainwaring voice]
Now, platoon, pay attention. I want you all to note that young Spike here has shown immense imagination in how to use his mint. The only one who should be drinking tea is Godfrey. So let's hear no more of this silly mint tea business and leave that to Johnny Foreigner. Ok, Carry on. [/Captain Mainwaring]

Lamb, Pimms, Mojitos - how many more good uses for mint do you need!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom