Miracast to Kenwood headunit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.A.94

Car
2001 Mercedes E320 CDI (W210) OM613
I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge which doesn't support HDMI/MHL therefore can't connect my phone to my headunit using a wired connection. Was wondering if anyone has used miracast to mirror their mobile screen to a headunit. I ask this because the maps on the unit are really crap and i want to use waze from my phone as a sat nav. Would be nice to utilize the double din screen whilst doing this.

Also which dongle would I require as there are various different ones available.

Hi,
Does your headunit support Andriod Auto & also have USB connections, if so that's all you should need to run the maps off your phone.
Even if it does it might not support an S7, depending on age & model. Have a look on Kenwoods site to see if there is support for your phone.

Regards,
Paul.

Hi,
Does your headunit support Andriod Auto & also have USB connections, if so that's all you should need to run the maps off your phone.
Even if it does it might not support an S7, depending on age & model. Have a look on Kenwoods site to see if there is support for your phone.

Regards,
Paul.

Thanks Paul will look into it and report back

No problem, hope it sorts your problem out.
Yes please let us know if it does work. Never used Miracast myself but AA works very well & not just for maps.

Regards,
Paul.

I have used Miracast and Chromecast before to Pioneer head units both where they supported it natively and using and HDMI to Miracast or Chromecast dongle. It depends a lot on the head unit and what it supports. Mirrorlink is another option.

For Miracast, the SreenBeam Mini 2 has been a popular device for Miracast to HDMI for the headunit end. Usually you need an app on the phone to transmit the touch side and then the video across mirrorlink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom