Mirror Adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
On my new W210 mirrors, the passenger side glass seems to have quite a bit of lateral play in it. It seems to be clipped on securely, but have had the casing off, and it moves from side to side more than the driver side one. Basically - the effect is that when you look at it head on, it looks lop-sided !

Anybody know whether there is there another adjustment screw hidden behind the glass to hold it in place more securely ? And if so - how do I unclip the glass to get to it ?

S.

culprit identified ..... T20 Torx screw bang in middle of holder behind mirror glass..... don't adjust too tightly or the electric glass adjustment starts to struggle ! just tight enough to hold glass holder straight now.

:D

Originally posted by fuzzer
Hope this helps

Listened to reassembly, said push in until you here a click!!
I thought that's bu**ered it go out and buy new mirror.:D :D :D

Sym
You say you've had the casing off - if this means the mirror cover, I'd love to know how you did it. I have a mirror that is......well ...'loose' and so far I just push it back in.
Thanks
Pinball

pinball said:
Sym
You say you've had the casing off - if this means the mirror cover, I'd love to know how you did it. I have a mirror that is......well ...'loose' and so far I just push it back in.
Thanks
Pinball

What car do you have, with what sort of mirrors ? And are they electrically folding or not ?

S.

Sym
E230 Elegance-non folding. I imagine that its just your basic mirror. They do fold forward manually so there is the gap to allow access. I am looking for something that I can unclip/turn/push/pull/whatever to release and slide off the cover.
Thanks
Pinball

Ok - I assume the pre facelift mirrors with no indicators then. In which case, check out the HOWTO in the HOWTO section from Pluggers.

S.

Thanks Sym - I'll check it out
Cheers
Pinball

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom