Mirror finish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Well 4 months of winter experimenting has produced this result :)

Last edited:
Just seen your car in Mercedes Enthusiast Mag - looks Great!

I get similar results with 'Showroom Shine' the dry wash and polish product, what did you use?

Do we have to guess what you used?

Or was it the Color Magic on the shelf? :D

Wow. Great result and good to see you back. :thumb:
Many thanks!

Just seen your car in Mercedes Enthusiast Mag - looks Great!
Do you mean the photo interest March one or have you seen April's one yet?
I get similar results with 'Showroom Shine' the dry wash and polish product, what did you use?
Last year my car was waxed/coated with 25 layers. This year it has had two coats of colourwax and then a layer of Supagard.

Do we have to guess what you used?

Or was it the Color Magic on the shelf? :D
See above :)

April's , delivered to me on Friday!

I can't wait until it is in the shops on Friday:)

The SupaGard treatment I had done in August 2010 seems to be holding up pretty well. The car hasn't been waxed or polished since, and has only been washed on a handful of occasions (maybe 5 times in total). These photos were taken (on my iPod) last month:

mirror1_zps61d783ee.jpg

mirror2_zps2a04d27a.jpg

mirror3_zps62ff9b26.jpg

Last edited:
What are you saying .....only washed 5 times in 2 1/2 years

Yep, that's about it. After I'd had the correction detail done in 2010 to get rid of the swirl marks, I resolved not to go back to the £10 hand-wash places, so just gave it a jet wash every six months or so. More recently, I've started having it hand washed again once every other month at a place I trust not to damage the paintwork.

Had the same SupaGard treatment and detailing done in 2010 (at the same place as recommended by MOCAS at the time) - alas I did continue to get the car washed for a tenner hence it is no longer as shiny as MOCAS' car.

R2D2, So are you implying that just a coating of Colormagic and a finish of SupaGard is as good as all the snooper dooper carnubeeswaxaglace brigade?

If so, as I have always suspected your probably correct :D

Nice pics. Nice to see your car again looking great

Thank you! You would have been less impressed if I'd posted the photos of the car after a 300 mile trip to Somerset and it's muddy country lanes last week. It was filthy, completely covered in mud!

Yep, that's about it. After I'd had the correction detail done in 2010 to get rid of the swirl marks, I resolved not to go back to the £10 hand-wash places, so just gave it a jet wash every six months or so. More recently, I've started having it hand washed again once every other month at a place I trust not to damage the paintwork.
£10 ?? Sybil goes to the £5 place. Mocas you are being ripped off:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom