Mirror Query....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350_Coupe

Car
2005 C350 Coupe SE
ok guys, what's the difference between these two ?

Part number: A2038100721
(C-CLASS 203 LEFT SIDE AUTOMATIC DIMMING MIRROR GLASS)

and

Part number: A2038100321
(C-CLASS 203 SERIES NEARSIDE ANTI-GLARE,ASPHERICALLY CURVED,MIRROR GLASS)

and before anyone says it, yes i know, the lower one has the slightly curved section towards the outside edge and the dotted line to indicate where it starts approximately....

what interested me more was the description regarding the anti-glare vs auto-dimming

anyone got any ideas ? .... is it the same thing, just described differently ? like left side/nearside

Hi,
they are not the same auto dimming can only be fitted if you already have that type
on your now, because the loom and plug are diff and they cost up to £300 from MB
it gel filled with a biult in auto sensor, the other mirror is a stardard replacement
heated and antiglare.

Hope that helps

Do left side mirrors dim in UK cars?
I thought it was the interior & drivers mirror that dimmed.

Russ

only o/s in uk that one is for europe their drivers side
not really worth having both over here so no good

ok, thanks for your replies....

I do have the correct frame installed on the near-side for the auto-dim function (and memory functions as it happens) #A2038107576

and i have this glass fitted #A2038100321

It does appear to react the same as the drivers side one, and the numbers all tie up with what the MB guys told me before i bought the parts, this other glass i had not seen before and was curious.

And yes, that frame carries extra wiring for the auto-dimming, and connects to the door mounted control module, and the glass has an extra lead that connects to the frame's wiring loom.

The glass has the thicker frame on it, like this...

bzutwcwkkgrhqnlmeyjc0ss.jpg

However i believe it is the interior mirror that controls the whole system, not the door mirror glass themselves

not really worth having both over here so no good
never been blinded from the left hand door mirror ? i know i have !

Last edited:
My drivers side dimming mirror went foggy (as they seem to). With a long motorway journey coming up the next day I decided to fix it. I gently chiselled off the black (see above pic) plastic around the edge. This plastic just holds a clear piece of glass. Under the glass was a perfect but normal door mirror (coated in liquid green dimming gunge which, while still wet, washed off easily)

I know your snag is already sorted, but I wanted to tell someone!

all good info, someone might find it useful .... what was the part number on that one ?

Having been blinded through the nearside mirror yesterday evening, I was thinking of looking into this upgrade for my C203 for the nearside mirror. But £300 for the glass has just put me right off.

I'll just flick the mirror position next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom