Mirror unit thefts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mercedes-Benz will also sell you secondhand parts through their 'Used Parts Centre' :- http://www.mb-atc.de/englisch

"M-B atc sell only genuine Mercedes-Benz parts which have been carefully dismantled from end-of-life vehicles and which have been stringently tested to ensure they still meet Mercedes-Benz specifications . These parts come with a warranty at a cost saving over new parts." :D
My car is only 8 years old. I'd be a bit upset to find the E- meant Endoflife-class.

But it's interesting to consider how much things have moved on in 12 years, that back then they were an option you would not consider having.

I shudder to think how much replacements cost nowadays, with dimming glass, lane sensors...

Holy thread resurrection, Batman! Only eleven years old!! Back then, Pontoneer's cars weren't yet old bangers...:D

One point I would add now, though; on the W211, if you use the automatic folding function every time you lock the car, in due course the internal wiring will break and you will need a repair. I don't know whether the same applies to the W212, but I'm not using the automatic folding anyway, just in case.

Holy thread resurrection, Batman! Only eleven years old!! Back then, Pontoneer's cars weren't yet old bangers...:D
Oh I know - I only did it 'cos I did think it interesting to see how much things have moved on in that time.

Is are these mirror thefts still a thing?? I was so worried I ran my hand under the folder mirrors this morning but couldn't feel any exposed bolts.

Is are these mirror thefts still a thing?? I was so worried I ran my hand under the folder mirrors this morning but couldn't feel any exposed bolts.

No I’ve not heard of any round our way for many years.
However I do know if people having had just the mirror glass stolen, with auto dimming mirrors this is not cheap to replace (circa £200) and a doddle to pull off with no tools.
Someone stole both my Audi ones once.

No I’ve not heard of any round our way for many years.
However I do know if people having had just the mirror glass stolen, with auto dimming mirrors this is not cheap to replace (circa £200) and a doddle to pull off with no tools.
Someone stole both my Audi ones once.
We had the glass stolen from both sides of our W163 ML a few years ago.

My car is only 8 years old. I'd be a bit upset to find the E- meant Endoflife-class.

But it's interesting to consider how much things have moved on in 12 years, that back then they were an option you would not consider having.

I shudder to think how much replacements cost nowadays, with dimming glass, lane sensors...

Let me correct you there... apparently you can still order a modern Merc in taxi-like poverty spec and basic low-tech non-folding mirrors...

But yes a wing mirror with all the gadgets fitted to it will cost a pretty penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom