mirrors tilt and angle failure 2007 b200 cdi auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michaell

Car
B200 cdi 2.0 turbo
Hi Guys,

this might be a stupid question, does the tilt and angle on mirrors have a fuse to power them. The reason im asking is both L&R no longer tilt or angle. The automatic folding mirrors themselves do work but angle and tilt dont so a little confused why both dont work. Could this be a wiring loom issue or fuse issue.

I believe the angle and tilt only works on the passenger side.

If they were working and have just stopped, you may just need to programme them again. They may have been knocked and the mechanism may have lost its alignment.

I cannot recall the exact instructions but they will be in your manual.

You need to have the passenger mirror selected on the Left/Right switch.

Hi Thank you for a fast reply when you say have passenger side selected. What do you mean please. I have the main control panel on the driver side arm rest that has, Left and Right section of which tilt and angle you want to adjust and that has has a switch to move control that you move up down or left and right. Sorry might be me being numb here but tried a few times and neither work. But the fold in does work when locked or unlocked .

Confused a little

The passenger side mirror will tilt to wherever you programmed it to tilt to only when reverse gear is selected and the button for the passenger mirror activation has been left pressed in, otherwise it will only move by using the manually operated push buttons.

If the mirror is pointing in the wrong place after moving once you have selected reverse you will have to 'programme' it again just as you do for each of the 3 driver memories. It's in the handbook somewhere, I can't quite remember the sequence right now.

Hi Guys,

this might be a stupid question, does the tilt and angle on mirrors have a fuse to power them. The reason im asking is both L&R no longer tilt or angle. The automatic folding mirrors themselves do work but angle and tilt dont so a little confused why both dont work. Could this be a wiring loom issue or fuse issue.

I think you have a similar problem to both of my CLKs. The switches seem to fail. The CLK I just bought would only tilt the mirrors down and not up but left and right both work. There isn't a separate fuse for directions and your common denominator is the switch. If you're comfortable doing it, remove the switch, strip and clean it then put it back in. I wrote a guide years ago for it, I'll see if I can find it as I'm sure it's one here. but the pics are long gone.

Was pretty easy to find actually. Headlight washer switch repair

Probably doesn't apply to the B200 but the principal will be similar I expect.

This time I cleaned the contacts with Harpic - yes, toilet cleaner, it is amazing for cleaning metals. My mirrors are working perfectly since I did this.

Thank you all. To be honest even when I'm driving i try to adjust them from the control unit on drivers door and neither left or right mirrors tilt or move left and right. Sounds like a door panel off or mirrors off to fault find :(

I believe most people assumed you were asking about an auto-dip feature for nearside mirror (goes down, when reversing), where in fact it sounds like your side mirror adjustment function no longer works?

If it was just one mirror, I would suspect a broken wire in powerfold mirror (not easy to find - 9 wires, all black), but as both don't work, it's probably control unit, door module or SAM.

These might be useful:

Attachments

• 245 Wiring diagram of outside mirrors - Left.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 245 Wiring diagram of outside mirrors - Right.pdf
    54.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 245 Electrical function diagram for power windows to 2008.pdf
    165 KB · Views: 3
Sorry I'm not the best at cars:)
It makes sense what your saying ie: control unit, door module or SAM whats a sam ?

I appreciate greatly your effort in helping me out and everyone else I've confused(sorry) . Thank you

Reactions: GLK
No worries :)

I don't know much about cars, but happy to share what I do know ;)

The control unit can be replaced, with either new or used OEM one, or if you're brave enough, you can get an aftermarket unit for very little money (never tried myself):
US $23.8 15% OFF|Electric Power Window Master Switch Fits For Mercedes Benz W169 A160 A180 W245 B200 A1698206510-in Car Switches & Relays from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress
(I bookmark this one, as I only have 2 doors :p (A200 coupé), but similar ones available in 4-door variant, often for less money).

Door module can be accessed when the door card is off, although ports can be reached through the hatch on the front of the card:

43017142855_73ced0b76c_o.jpg

42113299130_a1f022a73d_o.jpg

I had the door cards off, when I fitted ambient lights into inner door handles, it wasn't that difficult.

SAM - Signal Acquisition and Actuation Module, located under the glovebox, behind the carpet on the front wall of the footwell.
There's no dedicated fuse for mirrors - SAM is doing all the work, as is for many other functions / devices.

I hope it is as simple as replacing the control unit, as the other two are a bit more complicated.
Or maybe it is something even simpler - would be good to get the car plugged into a diagnostic system to see if there's any recorded errors.

Thanks again GLK I've got the 4 door b200 cdi.

I've replaced the arm rest unit already. The short story valet guy snapped a button so i said unless you want to wake up with a horses head in your bed you replace it..lol he replaced it. the inner device looks like the brains so i think im going to start there. Appreciate all the support. Ill let all you guys know when I've either spent a fortune fixing it or the car is in heaven.£££

Reactions: GLK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom