Missed Auto transmission fluid change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

el.mag

Car
E 320 (soon)
Hi,
I am looking at buying a E320 from a private seller which has full MBSH. I noticed that the Automatic transmission fluid has not been changed. The car has done about 60,000 miles. On the test drive I could not pick up clunks or slippages.
Will the delay in changing the fluid have any deleterious effect on the transmission.
Many thanks,
El

el.mag said:
Hi,
I am looking at buying a E320 from a private seller which has full MBSH. I noticed that the Automatic transmission fluid has not been changed. The car has done about 60,000 miles. On the test drive I could not pick up clunks or slippages.
Will the delay in changing the fluid have any deleterious effect on the transmission.
Many thanks,
El

Hi welcome no it should be fine just get it changed asap.

el.mag said:
Hi,
Many thanks,
El

Year and engine?

Hi,
It's a E320 2008. Drove well and could not appreciate any slippage or shudder on the test drive. What would be the earliest sign to pick up if there were any problems? Was planning on getting it changed. Is it unusual for merc dealers not to change it as the car has a full merc dealer service history.
Thanks

Year and engine?

E320 2008.
Hi Olly,
Sent an email query through your website re a pre-purchase inspection. Could you please let me know if you could do it.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom