Missfire on 240 Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spence

Car
'98 C240 Sport
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here so hi all.

I have a quick question for the techies around. I have a '98 C240 Sport, 46K and had a few probs the other night on my way home.

I was coming down the A1 to the M25 and the engine started to feel like it was running on 3, rather than 6, cylinders.

I limped it into South Mimms services and called the RAC. At this point it sounded like a bag of bolds and although it sort of ticked over and revved it wasn't happy. I switched off and retired to KFC to wait for the tow truck convinced that the car was impersonating my old Scoobie and had popped the engine. Needless to say I was far from happy.

When the RAC man came the car started first time and sounded sweet as a nut. That was nearly a fortnight ago and the car has been fine since. Have any others out there had this problem? I have perused the threads and not really found anything quite the same. Any ideas chaps as at the moe I am not confident in the cars ability top get me home or stay with it on long journeys and that is why I chopped the Scooby for it?

Any advice would be very well received. :)

Spence.

I had exactly this problem on my 240.... The car was hooked up to the box of tricks @ George Fraser and it was missing on No 4 cylinder... Changed plug, no different, changed mass, no change, changed coil, no change.....Finally put it down to a faulty injector.
It has been fine ever since...

Had a quick read of the threads and it does sound like the same problem that Steve Perry described... Right, off to get that checked then.

So on top of all that my battery bummed out on me yesterday and it would now seem that I have inadvertently done the reset thing that was described. as I don't have the handbook here at work with me can someone describ how I 'reset' the windows please.

Being a bit of a muppet here but bear with me...

Cheers lads....

I had this on my c class as well a few months back. The engine was reset via the star diagnostic system. Its working fine now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom