Missing AdBlue menu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mgsf

Car
2015 c220
Hi,

I bought my 2015 c220 about 6 months ago. It only occurred to me today that I've not had to put in any adblue yet. So I looked through the settings on the car to check the level and couldn't find the level anywhere. Looking in the manual, it should be in the service menu, but it's not. (See picture)

Am I looking in the wrong place to find the level?

Thanks

b4f3c5dfc85b781d01e4f73bca526350.jpg

But saying that, my C300 will do approx 12000 miles on a tank of adblue.

Hi,
I don't believe they all have a means to check the adblue level, I have a E350 CDI 65 plate and there is no level menu.
I have read other threads on here and it appears we are not the only ones.
Would love to know why some have some haven't, probably something to do with the fact that there shouldn't be any requirement between services to check it.

Check the my video here. Within the service menu you can find ad blue level. 2/3 way in:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Must try that on my CLS. To date I’ve been checking my AddBlue manually

It will let you know well in advance of it becoming an issue.

Unfortunately, that's not always the case.

I know one person, who had just had his W205 C-Class serviced only a few days previously (by MB main dealer), have the AdBlue message 'car will fail to start after ? miles', or whatever it says, appear one evening. He was due to travel to an airport early next morning and the quoted miles was insufficient for the round trip, so he had to make alternative transport arrangements at short notice. Not a happy bunny. After complaints to servicing dealer he was offered the next service FOC.

Must try that on my CLS. To date I’ve been checking my AddBlue manually
Thanks for the comments and killerherts for the video link.

How do you check the level manually?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

To be fair if the adblue warning does come on you can buy it in any petrol station.
But still worth complaining to the garage if it was not filled at service.

Thanks for the comments and killerherts for the video link.

How do you check the level manually?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On the CLS Shooting Brake the AddBlue tank is positioned in the lower boot area, where the spare wheel would normally be.
I simply remove the cap and put a dipstick down into the tank. In my case for a dipstickI use a plastic outer cable like the ones you would find on a bicycle. I also use this to clear out the drain tubes on my SL and prior to that it was used to clear the plenum drains on my Rover 75’s

Point to note
AddBlue chrysalises if spilt (Main Dealers take note) so I have an old towel with a hole neatly cut out so I put this in place before removing the cap.
At my first service the Main Dealer spilt the AddBlue all over the place making one heck of a mess in the lower boot area. Although they did offer to clean the mess I wasn’t prepared to travel 30 miles for them to give it a quick clean so I removed the entire lower boot trim and washed it myself.
Needless to say I haven’t returned to that Main Dealer.

I’ve just done the above method and yes it works. After scrolling through the menu to AddBlue level I find my tank reads full so as it was a few weeks ago when I topped it up I may have overfilled it slightly by filling it to about 2” from the top of the neck.

my W205 is also missing the menu in the Instrument Cluster. I check it periodically with the Icarsoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom