Missing bulbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tezz

Car
A180 w169 2006 2.0 cdi
so a while ago I posted that all the foot well and vanity bulbs were missing in my car, no idea why, no a big issue so I forgot about it.

Anyway got a few trips to do in car and it running ok, so been ordered by daughter not to mess with it LOL ( I have glow plugs and thermostats to change)

got around to fitting bulbs, the foot well on both sides works no probs, yet both vanity mirrors don't? looks like they all on same fuse.

LOL I have no use for either light but them not working just niggles at me.

I have no idea how they work or how to test, the bulbs are osram and new 5w, foot well works so im assuming fuse ok

if my understanding is correct the light comes on when you open mirror, so I would think a micro switch behind mirror and the metal contacts on bracket connect when you pull it down.

My gut tells me is the micro switch in mirror (assuming there is one) yet no clue on EPC

any ideas peps? before my curiosity get better of me and I pull apart

Thanks

Tezz

Soz should be in parts service etc, no idea how that happened lol

Yes its a switch. If you listen carefully when you open the mirror you can hear it.
Its odd that they both have failed.

Don't some lights only work when it's dark so have you tried them at night?

or with your sidelights switched on.

So did a bit of investigating, seams was a dtc from mb about sun visors and lights , if any customers complain just replace visor or mirror cartridge under warranty.

So sheds a bit more light on issue

Many thanks for the many illuminating replays lol

Tezz

I don't know the answer to your question, but just to say MB have been known to fit bulb holders without bulbs (instead of blanking plates). I believe this was the case for the kerb lights on the C204. So you may find that the wiring and fuse aren''t even in place. That said, it could be a simple case of trying it at nighttime, with the lights on, and pulling the sun visor all the way.

All wiring is there, I fitted missing bulbs to footwell they now work, the sun visors were listed on data card as optional extra

Was just odd all were missing.

But could be down to the battery drain car had when I got it, maybe they mistakenly thought was interior lights

Tezz

so got all lights working, except 2 vanity mirrors

pulled out mirror and found the micro switch, yep it was faulty on both mirrors, I bridge wires and both vanity light work. so now to find the part number, its not listed on EPC, but I know was a part supplied to dealers as a warranty repair, so suggest this s a very common issue.

so if your vanity mirror light have stopped working, easy check, pull out mirror (just unclips on my car), bridge wires if it come on there's ya issue

iv attached pic of offending part, if I find part or number ill post it

PS admin sorry this is wheel section was supposed to be in parts section

Thanks All

Tezz

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 2
so nothing shows up on EPC, or searches for my car, vin, web ect

closest I could find was

A2118700510 / A 211 870 05 10 / 2118700510

which seams to be the replacement part for many cars between 2006 and 20011 with the cartridge type mirror insert.

Ill order one and see if it works

Tezz

All fixed, footwell, mirror ect

Got 2 new micro switches for sunvisors, could not find part listed for my car, but above works fine

If you search can find them for about £4 each.

Lol no use for them all , but satisfying to fix for under £10

Tezz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom