Missing Clock? CL500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sand-Dancer

Car
Mercedes CL500
Hi guys.

I can't seem to tell the time in my year 2000 CL500, as there doesn't seem to be a clocky thing :confused:

I believe it would normally be on the right hand side LCD of the dash display, sharing that part of the dash with what gear I'm in and whether it's in standard or winter mode. The right hand side of that lcd is blank.

So my question?: Would the clock have been an option box left unticked by the original owner? It seems highly unlikely to me, in a £70k car with air conditioned massaging seats, self closing doors etc etc. If it had a clock, is it the LCD that is goosed, or is there a fuse that just needs looking at?

Cheers in advance for any help.

if its anything like the E/CLK dash of that era then its the ribbons that connect the main board to the lcd's. External temp on the left also breaks up over time. Its a fairly simple repair taking about an hour of your time and a new set of ribbons purchased from ebay for around £20

You need to set the time on the command system and it will appear in the cluster.

Press sys and it will come up with it, I can't remember the exact buttons you press but it's self explanatory!

You need to set the time on the command system and it will appear in the cluster.

Press sys and it will come up with it, I can't remember the exact buttons you press but it's self explanatory!
Great. That worked a treat. Wonder why it wasn't set when I bought it? Does it need resetting if the battery is disconnected for some reason?

Thanks Markmifsud for your input too. Glad it was an easier fix that you feared.

Great. That worked a treat. Wonder why it wasn't set when I bought it? Does it need resetting if the battery is disconnected for some reason?

Thanks Markmifsud for your input too. Glad it was an easier fix that you feared.

Exactly that, it needs resetting when the battery is disconnected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom