Missing registration documents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shorty

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4 , Ducati 999 , mr2
Evening all

I was wondering how I could find out the reg number of a bike from just the chassis number . The bike is registered in the North of Ireland , but the log book has been lost and the bike had been used as a track bike so there is no number plate on it .

Ive tried contcting them , the told me the bike was never registered , but I know the bike was registered in 98 .

If they don't know (or won't say), your only hope would be to track down the former owner from that time, and I'm guessing you have no way of doing that.

Are you aiming to get it registered again? If so, you may just need to accept that it will have to have a new registration.

I have no way of finding out the former holder and current regestered keepers name , the bike was gotten from a bike breaker and he has lost the log book and dosn't know who has the bike . I didnt know I could reregister the bike , I did want to import it to the south . If the bike was reregistered in the north would this give the bike a 2012 registration number ? If it did than that would increase the VRT ( irish registeration tax ) to over 1300 euro as the bike would be classed as new and get a reg number sarting with 12

Last edited:
I have no way of finding out the former holder and current regestered keepers name , the bike was gotten from a bike breaker and he has lost the log book and dosn't know who has the bike . I didnt know I could reregister the bike , I did want to import it to the south . If the bike was reregistered in the north would this give the bike a 2012 registration number ? If it did than that would increase the VRT ( irish registeration tax ) to over 1300 euro as the bike would be classed as new and get a reg number sarting with 12
Without papers it will probably get either a Q plate or the equivalent of.

May also be worth considering that it has been offically scrapped off. Not an uncommon occurence for scrapped bikes to turn up as track bikes.

Yes but they keep historic data so it will show any previous plates and when it was de registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom