Missing that V8 rumble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just for clarification i dont want an Ev either and will be amongst the very last to covert kicking and screaming. I have a somewhat piggy in the middle position due to my job as im in construction and we specifically build petrol stations im mainly on shell doing re tanks snd putting all new fuel lines and systems in etc. We are rolling out loads of ev charge work and have been over the past years. Bp have had a big drive but shell are going all guns for it this year as well as next. There is no way the infrastructure will be ready for 2030 it will be better than it is today but at work i enjoy the petrol work and seeing all the ev stuff coming on stronger each hear its quite sad in a way and there is no way ev is anywhere near as green as they think it is.

I have said this on here before , but I am looking forward to having grandchildren so I can tell them I used to drive a car with a V8 ICE that just about made 20mpg....of my own free will ! No one forced or legislated me into doing it , I did it by choice !

It will be 'MOM ! , Granddads telling silly made up stories again........' :p

I have said this on here before , but I am looking forward to having grandchildren so I can tell them I used to drive a car with a V8 ICE that just about made 20mpg....of my own free will ! No one forced or legislated me into doing it , I did it by choice !

It will be 'MOM ! , Granddads telling silly made up stories again........' :p

The grandkids will be claiming the stories silly when they hear about a V8 + 20 MPG :p

Refreshing to read all these enthusiastic comments about V8s, restores my faith that mainstream media is trying to steal. Guess that should be the case on a car forum!

I recently bought a V8 (M157) and don't ever want to downsize or go electric 😁 I've also modified my cars for the last two decades and can't see EV cars ever being so much fun in this way either.... the excitement of new parts or tunes to extract a few more ponies... it's addictive.

I must admit to loving a bit of V8 rumble.... and have both petrol and diesel versions! It makes me laugh when advertisements for cars always use the manufacturers most fruity exhaust note from their biggest engine rather than the soulless electric one ;)

Amen to that! Watch the YouTube vid with the Bugatti and the avtr. The electric car is very capable on a track but sounds well.....like a weird cat

Amen to that! Watch the YouTube vid with the Bugatti and the avtr. The electric car is very capable on a track but sounds well.....like a weird cat

Yes watched it and... Blimey, I want a car that sounds like a car, not like my toothbrush!

Exactly the reason why I bought a V8 a year ago, I owned one before in my early 20s but I thought I'd do it again whilst I still can! I wanted the antithesis of an EV until I'm forced to drive one in the not too distant future. I do take on board that EVs are the future, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom