Mistaken Identity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jpskiller

Car
Wifes
Not sure what to call this thread..

but since driving round in my old E-Class I've been mistaken for a Taxi driver on numerous occasions with people trying to flag me down and when meeting wife at supermarket entrance, people trying to get in back of car..

Other things people say is that I look like a drug dealer in my car..

So what have you been mistaken for whilst in your car??

When I am chauffeured in my luxurious stretched limo we are regularly mistaken for a blooming bus and it is not uncommon for some idjut to step out into the road to flag us down!!

One day!!! :devil: :devil:

regards
John

Why don't you stop and give them a lift? :)

I think I get mistaken for a drug dealer quite regularly... Baseball cap, tattoos, I'm only 26, and a black mercedes. You do the math!

(My mother however says I look like a pimp... reassuring? no.)

People at work call me a Barry with a Merc :(

When I got my 1st W202 I was 23 with a skin head, after the 1st week I was pulled over twice by the old bill thinking I had robbed the car.

Since I have fitted the rear AMG bumper I seem to be attaching Saxo/Astra/MkII golfs to drive right up my a*&$

Last edited:
I keep getting mistaken for someone that has money. Ha!!!!:D

It's only an old E but the badge on the bonnet is apparently is indication of untold wealth. :):):)

A few months ago I was roped into a friends wedding in the limo.

So first I went off to collect the (stand in) father of the bride with the car all done up with ribbons and flowers etc. As I got close, I could see him waiting for me outside his house.

So I pulled up and he came over to the car and then for some reason he thought I must have been for someone else and he about turned and started to walk off. :confused:

I had to get out and call after him to come back. God knows what he was thinking.... I mean how many wedding cars does he normally get pulling up outside his house? :D

The day turned out very well in the end.

Other things people say is that I look like a drug dealer in my car..

So what have you been mistaken for whilst in your car??

I was accused of driving a Drug dealers car when I had the FTO, so I thought a Merc would be a step up image-wise. Unfortunately an old W124 just steps me one rung up to Pimp, mind you what does that say for the Mrs!:D

but since driving round in my old E-Class I've been mistaken for a Taxi driver on numerous occasions with people trying to flag me down and when meeting wife at supermarket entrance, people trying to get in back of car..

I also was mistaken for a Taxi when I had an early E Class. I went to pick a friend up from the Railway Station and when I pulled up a Family tried to get in the back. Ownership hazard obviously.;)

I used to love getting noticed, don't quite so much now....had the police follow me for a bit yesterday (golf) so not quite the right image being portrayed anymore....time for a change! Used to love people's faces/families/snooty old(er) people getting in/out of their "oh so fantastic peugoet convertable" etc etc then there's me in my merc at 21 with private plate, just beats them all, can't buy taste...or class! :D

Used to get called drug dealer....moi?!! Honestly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom