Misting windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wezza36

Car
Ford fiesta van
Hello all,

I have a problem with the windows misting up on the inside when the car is left standing. The front screen is especially bad.
The a/c is always on when I drive and this is the 4th W204 I've owned and never had this problem before so I'm a little bemused as to why the windows are misting so badly.
The last 3 cars were diesel, would that make a difference?

wezza

When I had my W204, if it was parked overnight with the nose even slightly lower than the rear then the windscreen would mist quite badly - but that was the only time it would mist up.

In your case, I'd suggest that there's a water leak somewhere. If its under warranty the get the dealer to find the leak and fix it.

Hello all,

I have a problem with the windows misting up on the inside when the car is left standing. The front screen is especially bad.
The a/c is always on when I drive and this is the 4th W204 I've owned and never had this problem before so I'm a little bemused as to why the windows are misting so badly.
The last 3 cars were diesel, would that make a difference?

wezza

Nothing to do with fuel type - you obviously have some water ingress somewhere - when you're in the car that vapourises -when you get out, the residual heat vapourises a little bit more, then the car gets cold & the water vapour condenses on the coldest part - the windows.

Nothing to do with fuel type - you obviously have some water ingress somewhere - when you're in the car that vapourises -when you get out, the residual heat vapourises a little bit more, then the car gets cold & the water vapour condenses on the coldest part - the windows.

Yer I agree, look for something wet, we once had a pool car at work that suffered badly from misting windows and it was traced to a soggy rear foot well, fixed the leak fixed the problem.

I know your 204 hasnt got pillarless windows but i have and had a similar issue on the 208 CLK. my last one was particularly bad for it because the seals round the windows had perished more, they also let water in when under a heavy jet wash, my new one doesnt let water in but i think the seals are slightly deteriorating too, it is nearly 10 years old after all which is older than yours but it might be worth double checking or having checked all your door and window seals.

good luck.

Rich

Check your carpets are dry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom