misty screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cris124

Hi, i've noticed recently that when i restart after a warm day, say later when temp has dropped that the screen mists then clears as if there is moisture in the AC system...Thoughts please

Moisture in the AC system is correct, I get the same and have done on my last three cars. Basically, the engine bay, when the car is in the sun, warms up as does the rest of the car, but when cooling down cools slower and develops a slight temperature difference between the cabin and engine bay. The result is warm air hits the cold windscreen and mists up.

Quite often its the glass cleaner you use that can attract more moisture. A lot of so called 'Anti-Fog' cleaners cause more problems than they solve.

I get this often, turn off the Air con for a moment & leave the fans blowing makes it disappear after a few seconds.

the screen mists then clears as if there is moisture in the AC system
If you use the a/c all the time then you're leaving the system wet. That moisture comes out and mists up the screen then it clears quickly as the a/c gets its act together.

I try to turn mine off a couple of miles from home so that the system dries out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom