Misuse of AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I doubt he knows what his on about - the cars from some council estate from looking at the pics and he "probably" thinks just because it has fully body colour codes bumpers/skirting (which the pre face lift models did not have..) with some big after market alloys it is an AMG... :rolleyes:

From what his said looks like his dog's been in it too... :crazy: - Niceee..

From what his said looks like his dog's been in it too
More likely to have been the police drugs dog..

You judgmental lot!!!! You are beginning to sound like a bunch of old fishwives :)

just because they may or may not live on a council estate means that they take drugs??

They are selling their car, from reading the description they've been pretty straight about it - somebody probably told them it was an AMG kit on the car.

Give them a break, if you don't like it don't bid on it

Andy

andy_k said:
You judgmental lot!!!! You are beginning to sound like a bunch of old fishwives :)

just because they may or may not live on a council estate means that they take drugs??

They are selling their car, from reading the description they've been pretty straight about it - somebody probably told them it was an AMG kit on the car.

Give them a break, if you don't like it don't bid on it

Andy

7 previous owners/155k miles.......hmmm, barge pole just sprung into my mind :confused:

Flash said:
I doubt he knows what his on about - the cars from some council estate from looking at the pics and he "probably" thinks just because it has fully body colour codes bumpers/skirting (which the pre face lift models did not have..) with some big after market alloys it is an AMG... :rolleyes:

From what his said looks like his dog's been in it too... :crazy: - Niceee..

Eh hem, locally authroity house, please! ;)

LOL

number of owners is a funny thing, Annie's car is 5 owners but has never left the same family. Father bought it, he died it passed to his wife, she then gave it to eldest son when he could drive it was then transferred to his brother and finally his wife as a restoration project.

Our last car was orignally a company directors car, he then bought it, later transferred it to his wife and then back to him when they seprated - 4 keepers one real owner.

It's always worth finding out a little more before assuming the worst. That one's a 10 year old car which has changed hands every 18 months so it's probably not had the attention it deserves.

Obviously he/she thinks it's worth more than the good folk on eBay do - seems like nothing much is selling on there at the moment, sellers need to lower there expectations.

Andy

My car is a 1992 model and has had 10, yes 10 previous owners and yet there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all, i would happily sell it to any of you tomorrow and be confident that you would be happy....

Just because it has been sold loads in the past doesn't mean its an old dog ..... :crazy:

But yes, that S sclaa does indeed look a a purveyor of illegal substances car, check out the 'stylish' italic number plate, surely if you are a dope dealer you wouldn't want to give plod any excuse to pull you over ....

Wonder if you get the bag of crack under the front seat included in the price ..... ;)

Last edited:
I've an 82 300D with 33 previous owners! She has a fully stamped service book and over 400k on the clock..................

Condition is king with an older motor. People are too quick to judge on the owner front.

andy_k said:

May be its the "DRUGS" that make the owner think/believe that the car has a genuine AMG Bodykit (when it is just a standard spec car) - that explains it all then.... - after all they do say NEVER get high on ur own supply ;) :D

Unless its a 2 year old car thats had 6 owners. Number of keepers is not something I look at when buying a car.

Some times more keepers could be better. Each keeper may have been keen loved their motor and kept it in prime condition the 12 to 18 months they had the car.

On the other hand you could have a car 5 years look after the first 12 months and then run it into the ground. Only 1 keeper. The other car may be on its 3rd to 5th keeper.

Which would you go for???

Sorry not quite on topic ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom