Mitsubishi Pajero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Hi

Heres a little pic of my new car.

its going to be my wife's daily drive..... on WVO.

I really like it and am toying with the idea of replacing the W124 estate with one. However i'll wait for the initial "honeymoon" period to be over before i think about that too much.

Attachments

• paj.jpg
    paj.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 173
Great car! I have the petrol version, which has more than proved itself offroad. It's even had to tow out a hilux and a range rover who got stuck (not concurrently :p)

This one's mine:
[youtube]Cga9jXssq_A[/youtube]

My Dad has been trying to sell his scruffy SWB diesel on Pistonheads (for some reason the ad has gone..)

Be interested to see how yours goes - I'm toying with the idea of taking it off him and converting it to run on WVO too as its glacial acceleration and thirst make it unattractive as is..

Can't see how you could compare it to a 124... from what I've seen Pajeros rust at least as well as old MBs. :D

Last edited:
Agree a lot of car for the money.

I did consider a 2800 exceed model before my ML do you need two?

I quite like the 4x4 "can go anywhere" thing.

but its no where as smooth or refined as the 124 multivalve.

if our house move pans out i may have little choice though - new house is down a dirt track at the moment!

i need to replace all the fluids, and do various fixes here and there.

problem is i dont think i could bear to sell my 124 for what i think I would realistically get for it, considering how much it cost me from Charles Ironside, plus it runs perfectly on 100% WVO (totally free), whereas the pajero needs a little bit of petrol or diesel in the mix....

i'll see how it pans out over the next few months.

i'll see how it pans out over the next few months.

haha, well it didnt pan out too well.

Although I loved the driving position and feel of the car, it was no match for the W124 estate.

It also didnt run very well on 100% WVO (unlike the 124) so, with regret I sold the Pajero at the weekend. Made a healthy profit on it too :bannana: but spent many hours trying to fix/tweak it so it was well-deserved money!

anyway, to conclude an additional S124 multivalve diesel arrives at the SilverSaloon ranch early next month as replacement. :thumb:

He He. I thought most plumbers were that anyway.

Wondered why it was called a Shogun over here.

What a mine of information we have on here.

I just saw this and thought how could anyone compare a shojero to any mercedes!
They have their uses, but they are just glorified tractors. Bought an sold loads but never enjoyed the drive.

Glad you came to your senses.

My Winter wheels are a Toyota Surf.
It's a 1993/4 import model with a 3ltr engine.
I tried a Pajero but didn't like it as the one I tried was a tad under powered.
Very smart inside though with the leather.

My surf although only covers a few thousand miles a year now has never failed an MOT in seven years. Not even any advisories.

Is there a MB of a similar age that can claim that?

I had to take it for its latest MOT the other day and it still makes me smile when I put my foot down and it just takes off.

The reason I don’t drive it every day? MPG
My W210 E220 will do over 40mpg
My surf about 25mpg

Pajero/Shogun, superb vehicles, I've had 3 and covered nearly 300,000 miles (combined) in them. Brilliant off road and very serviceable/repairable. In fact I'm sniffing around for a LWB 2.8D mk2 again for some work I've got coming up.:D

My surf although only covers a few thousand miles a year now has never failed an MOT in seven years. Not even any advisories.

Is there a MB of a similar age that can claim that?
My SL is a little younger (1997), but that has never failed an MOT or had an advisory.

Not so good in the snow though :)

My surf although only covers a few thousand miles a year now has never failed an MOT in seven years. Not even any advisories.Is there a MB of a similar age that can claim that?

Yes,plenty.My 124s never failed and never had advisories either
Apart from my estate now witch is now over 21 years old failed the last because one of the 7 seat belt buckle would not close

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom