Mitsubishi Pulling out of UK and Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We seem to be speaking at cross purposes here so think it’s better to end it; the thread is about the U.K. and Europe not the USA.

Like I said, marketing is not manufacturing. They're built the same way no matter the country so quality would be the same regardless of location. I thought that we were talking about a company that is pulling out of a market because they decided that it was too hard for them to compete as they face rising standards. I expect that they know what they're doing and the market share that they own will soon be decimated by Chinese manufactures.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Like I said, marketing is not manufacturing. They're built the same way no matter the country so quality would be the same regardless of location.
As opposed to what

As far as I’m aware the L200 is consistently a top seller regardless of lifecycle of model,
Like I said, marketing is not manufacturing. They're built the same way no matter the country so quality would be the same regardless of location. I thought that we were talking about a company that is pulling out of a market because they decided that it was too hard for them to compete as they face rising standards. I expect that they know what they're doing and the market share that they own will soon be decimated by Chinese manufactures.
Again, you’re confusing the matter at hand here; in one of the countries they’re pulling out of, the sales of new L200’s were up 10% last year so whether or not the yanks buy them is not what is being discussed in the OP.

From what I can tell they’re pulling out due to the ever tightening rules and regulations around engines (which doesn’t make sense because their electric SUV’s are doing well) but it’s likely there are other reasons, strategic and political.

It’s taken South Korea the best part of 20 year to be serious players in the west with their cars, China could take 100 unless they start buying other manufacturers, mostly because most folk think (rightly or wrongly) that anything Chinese is tat.

It's the width that's more of a issue than length, Tacoma is 3-4" wider than the others available here. In a land of tiny parking spaces and width restrictions, that's a problem.

It's the width that's more of a issue than length, Tacoma is 3-4" wider than the others available here. In a land of tiny parking spaces and width restrictions, that's a problem.

About 72-75" depending on the spec as some have flared wheel arches. Same as an E class

I suspect that in the majority of non-Western countries the Hilux and Land Cruisee rule the pick-up and SUV market.

Had a request today to complete a survey from Kadence International on behalf of Mitsubishi. Mainly asking about views on different engine types

Interes
74-75 according to the 2020 Tacoma brochure. W213 is 72.

Interesting, this article shows E63 to be 75"

I'm wondering if this is wheel to wheel or mirror to mirror. I'd be very surprised if the Tacoma is wider than an E class. It really does not look it. But as truck, they do have large mirrors that stuck out further for towing which would make it technically wider but not really as you can fold mirrors in.

The 63 has enormous wheel arch flares compared to the normal shell.

However, this really just proves that it has got fat too, which is a problem when your car parks, width restrictions etc etc haven't. The standard E-class has been around 71/72" since the 211, which suggests it's about the maximum practical size.

74-75 according to the 2020 Tacoma brochure. W213 is 72.

So I walked past a Tacoma TRD crew cab today and there is no way that it's wider than my W211 E320CDI. The measurements must be mirror to mirror. I remember a friend having one a few years back and while it would barely fit a 4ft wide sheet of plywood in the bed, it would have to rest over the inner wheel arch. You're probably looking at another 3-6 inches on each side for the other bed and wheel arch flares so no wider than 58 inches from wheel nut to wheel nut.

This is getting silly. The figures you are claiming would make it 10" narrower than a Ford Fiesta.

As difficult as it seems to be for you to believe, the numbers are correct and verified by other independent sources as w/o mirrors. And yes, a 41" wide load bed (the manufacturers quoted figure) on a truck that size is pretty poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom