ML 163 command fitting and adding amps etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

I am planning on installing some of my old Rockford Fosgate audio equipment into my ML, on doing this I thought I might as well change the headunit (currently Audio 10).

I have looked at aftermarket units such as the pioneer double din unit with built in GPS but the command unit at least suits the car.

Is the ML163 command unit a fiarly easy DIY plug and play? do I just need the GPS aireal, and unit?

Also with the command unit what outputs are on the back for connections to amps?

ooh one other question can I play a DVD on the head unit and output this to rear screens?

Thanks in advance

Hello

I am planning on installing some of my old Rockford Fosgate audio equipment into my ML, on doing this I thought I might as well change the headunit (currently Audio 10).

I have looked at aftermarket units such as the pioneer double din unit with built in GPS but the command unit at least suits the car.

Is the ML163 command unit a fiarly easy DIY plug and play? do I just need the GPS aireal, and unit?

Also with the command unit what outputs are on the back for connections to amps?

ooh one other question can I play a DVD on the head unit and output this to rear screens?

Thanks in advance

The W163 ML unit is a doddle to retrofit. Definately DIY (15-20 mins tops). You will need a comand unit (A163 820 36 89), antenna and a map disk. If you have a fibre CD changer or phone installed then you will need a small converter loom aswell.

You cant play DVD's on it at all.

The B connector which feeds your existing audio10 has the four speaker outputs on it.

Hope this helps,

Thanks Alfie

I will have to keep my eyes open for one, do you have the disc if I need it?

Daft question but can I listen to a music cd and use sat nav?

So adding an amp to the unit is ok though?

thanks again

Thanks Alfie

I will have to keep my eyes open for one, do you have the disc if I need it?

Daft question but can I listen to a music cd and use sat nav?

So adding an amp to the unit is ok though?

thanks again

You can only listen to a Cd whilst navigating if you have a Cd changer. This applies to comand 2 which is what you will need. It does not apply to Comand APS which you cant use.

Yes I have a plentiful supply of the new teleatlas navigation disk if you need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom