ML 164 parktronic module location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Germanmad

Car
Ml
Hi I am new on here , I have looked everywhere for the location of the parktronic module on a 2008 facelift ML280 chassis 164120 ... I spoke with MB main agent who said it was next to the rear Sam , either I am missing something or it is elsewhere . The reason I want to find it is diagnostics says either wireing to or rear right sensor is faulty . Rear section of loom showed corrosion and rear sensors pins were corroded and black . Last software update was August 2013 . So I wonder weather A . there is a fault on software or B . Bad connection on module . All help is welcome . And yes I have checked sensors

Oh well on the fish it tells you under floor passenger side , as that's a left hand drive we tried driver side , and its not by the rear Sam as merc also said . Any help would be good

I realise most people ask for help and then if they don't get it even though they get the answer they never post it . I have now found the location , you need to remove the passenger seat , the front and rear scuff plates , then fold back the rear carpet . Under the carpet is a plastic cover with 10mm plastic nuts , the parktronic unit is under there . However when we checked the wireing it was indeed broken , after checking all the wires I found they were tight and had worn through , obviously like it from new , just got to hope ecu not blown .

Hi I thought my parktronic module was the fault on my system and found the unit under the passenger seat. However don't unplug the cables from the seat if you can avoid it or you will trigger your SRS light like I did and incur a £60 reset trip to the stealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom